The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 16, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #17,251 of 35,332
The Sonic Electronix deal is definitely IE800's, they had them on their BuySonic site recently for the same price.  

It was my first experience with Sonic Electronix/Buy Sonic and I couldn't be happier, will deal with them again.  Now if only they had Fostex TH600's on clearance, might have to sadden the wallet again.  

Sep 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #17,253 of 35,332
Nooooo...IE800 been on my radar for a while, but my wallet is not speaking to me anymore!

Sep 16, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #17,254 of 35,332
We all know MD is doing a TH600 special edition called the TH-X00.  It's far enough along that there was a prototype at the Schiit Show last month.  Might be worth waiting on that if you're in the market for a good deal on a Fostex...

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #17,255 of 35,332
Nooooo...IE800 been on my radar for a while, but my wallet is not speaking to me anymore!

IE800 is better than all but my most expensive full-size headphones, my wallet was already pissed as I've bought the T1 and several pairs of $150+ IEM's in the last year.  After listening to the IE800 for the last three weeks I have absolutely no regrets
  We all know MD is doing a TH600 special edition called the TH-X00.  It's far enough along that there was a prototype at the Schiit Show last month.  Might be worth waiting on that if you're in the market for a good deal on a Fostex...

This is highly exciting and saddening at the same time, I've swore off headphone purchases until the tax refund cometh.

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #17,256 of 35,332
This is highly exciting and saddening at the same time, I've swore off headphone purchases until the tax refund cometh.

And you are still subscribed to the deals discussion thread? That's like swearing off bread and passing through a bakery every day :)

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #17,257 of 35,332
Call it a test of willpower... 

And you are still subscribed to the deals discussion thread? That's like swearing off bread and passing through a bakery every day
smily_headphones1.gif

Call it a test of willpower.... 
biggrin.gif

... plus I could always use the credit card with 0% promotion and pay off the balance come tax time... ears want what the ears want!

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #17,258 of 35,332

Im not even sure my wallet is ready for this.....

I was at razordog's website the other day looking at the B Stock TH600 and I was tempted to hit up Brian for a discount on them but paying close to 500 bucks..........The thought of it hurts me and my wallet alot lol

Id really like to hear more about it but for some reason I have a feeling that it will be announced around November, just like the K7XX, which was a big hit.....so.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #17,259 of 35,332
Im not even sure my wallet is ready for this.....

I was at razordog's website the other day looking at the B Stock TH600 and I was tempted to hit up Brian for a discount on them but paying close to 500 bucks..........The thought of it hurts me and my wallet alot lol

Id really like to hear more about it but for some reason I have a feeling that it will be announced around November, just like the K7XX, which was a big hit.....so.

Yes, I went through the same thought process two weeks ago.

I was excited to give razordog my business until I heard about the MD Fostex woodies, which are perfect for my needs.

Someone go buy something from razordog!

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #17,261 of 35,332
I keep eyeballing his HE-400s...

Don't, they're terrible, and the super peaky highs actually damage your ears, even at lower volumes.  They're unbearable to listen to after 5 minutes and are so heavy and unergonomic that a sprained neck is a common symptom of prolonged use.

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #17,262 of 35,332
Really? Interesting how differently we hear things! One off my audio has the exact opposite impression, in fact, went for them over the HE-560 BECAUSE he found them more forgiving and easy to listen to. Go figure...

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #17,263 of 35,332
Really? Interesting how differently we hear things! One off my audio has the exact opposite impression, in fact, went for them over the HE-560 BECAUSE he found them more forgiving and easy to listen to. Go figure...

The HE-560 is terrible as well, not even improving on the HE-400S and actually performs worse in some regards.  The teak used in the HE-560 also contains toxins that, upon contact with skin, immediately starts destroying the DNA in the cells.  There have been 7 confirmed deaths due to this issue alone.
In fact, all audio equipment is terrible and, you shouldn't buy anything that costs more than half a lentil.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #17,265 of 35,332
The HE-560 is terrible as well, not even improving on the HE-400S and actually performs worse in some regards.  The teak used in the HE-560 also contains toxins that, upon contact with skin, immediately starts destroying the DNA in the cells.  There have been 7 confirmed deaths due to this issue alone.
In fact, all audio equipment is terrible and, you shouldn't buy anything that costs more than half a lentil.

Aside from in Grandmom's kitchen, I don't believe lentils are a form of currency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back