The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #16,952 of 35,333
Also focussing on deals.......

The Beyerdynamic DTX 501p that seems to have some good reviews for a light-weight foldable headphone is
$39.95 on BuyDig
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=BEYDTX501PW

is also same price on the "sister" site Beach Camera,
Or is $45 on amazon.

Thanks to everyone for taking time to post deals
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #16,954 of 35,333

My suggestion is to tone it down and cut it down a bit.  Keep it to great deals (you know what they are) and the occasional reminder that you are also open to customer offers for something other than a listed price.

+2

It's a slippery slope as others pointed out.  The problem is not one enthusiastic vendor it's when a 2nd, and 3rd and 4th join in and the thread just becomes an advertisment rather than a forum for member "deal finds".  If a vendor wants to respond to a post with a definitive "I can beat that" I think that's completely fair game. It's harsh but I agree with others that Vendor responses should be limited not general/ongoing promos.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #16,957 of 35,333
If someone is looking for a full-fledged MAC interface (DAC, Mic/Line In etc) & likes Audio-Technica ATH-M50X  this could be a good deal.

$560 with Promo Code SAVE20UA 

http://www.proaudiostar.com/apollo-twin-solo-with-headphones.html#features

Universal Audio Apollo Twin w/ Realtime UAD SOLO Processing
  1. Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
  2. Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
  3. Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
  4. New Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps**
  5. 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
  6. 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
  7. Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
  8. Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
  9. Includes "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
  10. Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
  11. Available with either UAD-2 SOLO or UAD-2 DUO DSP Processing onboard
  12. Requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
  13. Thunderbolt cable sold separately
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X 
  1. Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
  2. Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
  3. Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
  4. Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
  5. 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
  6. Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
  7. Collapsible for space-saving portability
  8. Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)
  9. Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring and personal listening

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #16,958 of 35,333
I don't find any problem with SonicElextronix posting deals in this thread so I am not in agreement with Stillhart and Evshrugs. I see many deals posted here which don't interest me so I just move on and read other deals.

I agree.   A deal is a deal.   If its through sonix or anyone else its ok to post here.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #16,959 of 35,333
  So I am now looking into DACs....well I have been wanting to get a DAC with optical so I can set it up with my Asus Xonar DG, along with the Massdrop O2 amp that I will be getting later this month.

Though Schiit's Modi is a good candidate, I was wondering if there are any good deals on other DACs I can take a look at in which, I could probably notice a difference between a Modi and a more higher price DAC. Im willing to drop around $150 bucks or so.....maybe a bit more. But with different DACs and me still learning more about them, Im kind of lost here.

I do notice that the Modi optical is still priced the same but the USB version is cheaper....why is that?

If you are wanting a desktop dac the schiit will work for you or an odac from jds labs as well. At the $150 price bracket some of the smaller thumb drive size dacs sounds quite good like the AudioQuest Dragonfly or the Centrance DacPort Slim on massdrop right now if you are willing to wait till the end of the month for it.

Modi optical is just more options for input, more options is more money so that is what is happening there. I probably would spend the extra amount for the optical so I could use the modi with my ps3/ps4.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 2, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #16,961 of 35,333
Sep 2, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #16,964 of 35,333
  If you are wanting a desktop dac the schiit will work for you or an odac from jds labs as well. At the $150 price bracket some of the smaller thumb drive size dacs sounds quite good like the AudioQuest Dragonfly or the Centrance DacPort Slim on massdrop right now if you are willing to wait till the end of the month for it.

Modi optical is just more options for input, more options is more money so that is what is happening there. I probably would spend the extra amount for the optical so I could use the modi with my ps3/ps4.

Well, Im thinking of getting the Modi 2 Uber. Having both options just means that I can take it anywhere, not worrying about if my PC or the PC has an optical and just hook it straight to a USB port.

But if there is a better DAC out there between the 150 to 200 dollar range, Im all ears.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #16,965 of 35,333

Well, Im thinking of getting the Modi 2 Uber. Having both options just means that I can take it anywhere, not worrying about if my PC or the PC has an optical and just hook it straight to a USB port.

But if there is a better DAC out there between the 150 to 200 dollar range, Im all ears.

Got the original modi and modi optical before finally getting the Modi2uber, wish the modi2uber was available first, the extra 50 is well worth it as you noted it can go anywhere.  Only thing the original modi has is not requiring a wall wart.

ODAC/O2 would be my next choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back