The Corrupt-A-Wish Foundation
Jun 22, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #661 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouSpentHowMuch? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Granted, However your request is taken quite literally and your new Reimyo is made entirely of mint candy.

I wish a had a dog with bees in his mouth and when he barks he shoots bees at you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Granted, but that's such a dumb wish that it doesn't deserve a creative reply.

I wish I could lose a lot of weight in a healthy way but without putting much effort into it.

I interrupt the regularly scheduled programming to issue a formal apology for this post. Sam sent me a PM asking if I was Ok, or if I was having a bad day, that sort of thing. He's right. This really was poor form, and wasn't intended to come across as an insult.

Long story short, I was trying to puzzle through the dog with bees in his mouth thing and just couldn't picture it. Thus, I couldn't think of anything funny to reply with, and ended up coming across like a jackass. Sorry about that. No offense intended.

Ok, now the next poster must go back and corrupt the previous post, which was this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Granted, but you now have "This is the song that never ends" stuck in your head.

I wish I were already done with college.

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #662 of 792
It's okay guy. The bee thing was a reference to a Simpsons episode where Bart becomes Burn's heir.

Homer: Bart, you're coming home.
Bart: I want to stay here with Mr. Burns.
Burns: I suggest you leave immediately.
Homer: Or what? You'll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with
bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
Well, go ahead -- do your worst!

Jun 23, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #663 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouSpentHowMuch? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's okay guy. The bee thing was a reference to a Simpsons episode where Bart becomes Burn's heir.

Homer: Bart, you're coming home.
Bart: I want to stay here with Mr. Burns.
Burns: I suggest you leave immediately.
Homer: Or what? You'll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with
bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
Well, go ahead -- do your worst!

Ok! Now I feel much better. It was simply a reference that I missed.

I love the Simpsons but don't watch much TV in general. Only when I'm out in public or visiting someone. I gave up cable in 1988 when I started law school and have never looked back.

So let's continue with the game. Regarding your wish, my response obvioulsy should have been:

Granted! Well go ahead, do your worst!

I wish I could be more sensitive to how others may interpret my posts, such that I don't offend anyone (Samgotit in this case).

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #664 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok! Now I feel much better. It was simply a reference that I missed.

I love the Simpsons but don't watch much TV in general. Only when I'm out in public or visiting someone. I gave up cable in 1988 when I started law school and have never looked back.

So let's continue with the game. Regarding your wish, my response obviously should have been:

Granted! Well go ahead, do your worst!

I wish I could be more sensitive to how others may interpret my posts, such that I don't offend anyone (Samgotit in this case).

Granted, but I may have been overly sensitive in the first place. I was at the mall in the Hallmark store. Somehow, in a daze, I became locked in at closing time. No one seemed to notice me. During the next 16 hours I read every card in the place. When those ran out, I went for the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. You can imagine this made me very sensitive. I absolutely believe, now, that Mcmanus meant absolutely nothing by it. Irony is I've also made some wishes that were perceived as insensitive in this very thread. Inflection, tone, spirit, and all that juicy stuff is sometimes hard to impossible to get across.

Just to be clear, I PM'ed Mcmanus simply because I missed judged his tone and I was a little concerned about him; again, too much Chicken Soup for the Soul. I didn't do it out of some need to be the "cool" guy who wants to call out a moderator. I would not have bothered to say anything if He or his post had no value to me.

Anyway, the earth continues to spin on its' axis and I continue to gluttonously over eat at buffets.

I wish I could muster up any amount of restraint when at Shoney's breakfast bar.

Jun 25, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #665 of 792
You can now muster up any sort of restraint for any sort of situation that you can imagine, but your wife isn't too happy about your unconscious manifesting this at night when you two are having a good time. Your kids aren't chuffed at being trapped like Hannibal Lester when they wake up in the morning either.

I wish I'll do well as a counselor at this upcoming camp I'm helping out with.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #666 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I'll do well as a counselor at this upcoming camp I'm helping out with.

You would do very well as a counselor, but the world will end before you get to the camp.

I wish that it snows tomorrow.

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #667 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You would do very well as a counselor, but the world will end before you get to the camp.

I wish that it snows tomorrow.

Granted, it snowed on Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park

I wish a person's standing in society were determined by their positive productive output, not their political clout, background, wealth, etc.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #669 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Granted, if there's world peace.

I wish to have love that'd last forever.

Granted, but she dies after three months and continues following you around...

I wish to take a drive in Wayne's new Atom...

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #670 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish to take a drive in Wayne's new Atom...

Granted, but you'll have to drag your sorry a@@ out of bed and actually make it to another Head-Fi meet at some point!

I wish I could get this verse out of my head: "I don't mind chopping wood and I don't care if the money's no good..." because it makes me want to become a low paid lumberjack, an occupation to which I'm terribly well suited although having a Paul Bunyon body might not be such a bad thing. To grant my wish, you'll need to first identify the song in quesiton.

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #671 of 792
Granted, the verse leaves, just as you flunk the bar exam for the 10th time.

I wish I had a law degree and passed the bar exam before you!

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #672 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Granted, the verse leaves, just as you flunk the bar exam for the 10th time.

I wish I had a law degree and passed the bar exam before you!

Granted, but you'll have to earn your law degree like the rest of us did, and I'll have to flunk the bar exam 10 times before you pass it.

(I've never bothered to take the bear exam because I've never had even a tiny little interest in practicing law as such. I'd rather do hair and nails or sell peanuts at the Marlin's game than to practice law.)

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #673 of 792
Granted, you flunked the bar exam 10 times and I passed it.

I wish I could play any musical instrument I want, better than anyone else.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #675 of 792
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Granted: That instrument is the triangle

I wish I could be invisible!

Granted, but now you're banned!
evil_smiley.gif
(I wouldn't do that... or would I? Ask Jahn!)

I wish I didn't get a speeding ticket today right in my own driveway (Ok, so I wasn't speeding in my driveway but that's where I got the ticket).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back