The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Apr 4, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #3,676 of 5,313
With an abundance of ways to adjust the sound from regions to firmware tunings to player settings I prefer to keep it simple and use direct which also saves on battery life.
One day I may remind myself to play around and may find a higher level of enjoyment.
I sometimes forget how many options are available.
^ for the same reasons ...
I do direct as well.
I also do direct.

Apr 5, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #3,677 of 5,313
Thanks for the replies guys. I've also mainly bee using Direct, jumping between Region MX3 and J3 on the WM1Z (with WM1Z external tuning). I'm trying to find the region that marries the IER-Z1R's massive sub bass with refined clarity through the mids and highs. If there's a region that does this better than MX3 or J3, let me know!

Apr 5, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #3,678 of 5,313
Hey guys,

Quick question/survey: who's using their 1Z with DSP, and who listens with Direct Sound?

I notice that any DSP seems to bump up the loudness a few notches using the same volume level, so there must be some sort of gain push with DSP.

If you do use DSP, what's your favourite? DSEE AI, Linearizer, Vinyl? All three?

So much to explore with this player!
Always Source direct

Apr 5, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,680 of 5,313
Hey guys,

Quick question/survey: who's using their 1Z with DSP, and who listens with Direct Sound?

I notice that any DSP seems to bump up the loudness a few notches using the same volume level, so there must be some sort of gain push with DSP.

If you do use DSP, what's your favourite? DSEE AI, Linearizer, Vinyl? All three?

So much to explore with this player!
Direct all the way on 1A and 1Z. I do use DSD Remaster on TA-ZH1ES.

Apr 5, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,681 of 5,313
Is this worth buying today? Has the battery drain issue gotten any better?

what drain issue ?

if sony battery was a person , it would be superman (sans the clark kent side)

Apr 5, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3,682 of 5,313
Is this worth buying today? Has the battery drain issue gotten any better?
Very much so and what do you mean by battery drain issue, I got 20-25 hours flac play time plus a weeks standby on a 90% charge on the stock battery

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #3,683 of 5,313
Unrelated but any idea how to fix the Recent Transfers tab showing my entire library instead of actual recent transfers? I've made sure the clock is set, I've tried adding songs from both SD card directly and through the WM port, and also just tried a manual database rebuild. Using WalkmanOne cfw.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #3,684 of 5,313
Unrelated but any idea how to fix the Recent Transfers tab showing my entire library instead of actual recent transfers? I've made sure the clock is set, I've tried adding songs from both SD card directly and through the WM port, and also just tried a manual database rebuild. Using WalkmanOne cfw.

Check if you have the current date set in Settings.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #3,685 of 5,313
I’ve only had that issue when installing custom fw that required a factory reset and when the clock was not set correctly on the player

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #3,687 of 5,313
yes, I have that set up in device settings -> clock settings. did it properly as soon as i got the DAP brand new.

Oh, ok, then I would suggest a database rebuilding.

I am not sure what is happening or how it could be solved to be honest.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #3,688 of 5,313
Oh, ok, then I would suggest a database rebuilding.

I am not sure what is happening or how it could be solved to be honest.
On the first build it will always include everything and then if you add completely new files (not just overwrite existing files) it should only show the new songs. Just connecting it and disconnecting or forcing a rebuild will not change anything in recent transfers

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #3,689 of 5,313
I understand that, but I've been using this thing for a few weeks now. It works properly on all my other sony DAPs (A55, WM1A both with WalkmanOne, and ZX507 with the same card in question). If it doesn't sort itself out I may just uninstall and reinstall CFW and start troubleshooting there.

EDIT: I uninstalled CFW, rebuilt database, reinstalled CFW, rebuilt database, then added new music via WM port, and it finally fixed itself. Unfortunately it only shows that newest transfer of music and not the few I've done in the past few days, but at least it's working now. I have no idea what specifically fixed it lol

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #3,690 of 5,313
20220405_143333[1].jpg

So I was obsessively searching for a Musashino Label case for my WM1A and now my WM1Z for a while now on eBay and Yahoo Auctions Japan, and I was finally able to snatch one up! Granted it is used and it's not the premium leather variant but I feel like this is something worthy of the WM1Z.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back