The Comfort Champions
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

Which ohm version of the DT880's do you own?

600 Ohm Manufaktur

Same, Andrew
redface.gif
. And to Sound. They have a good bass response, but it doesn't cover up the music at all. The mids are forward, not sure about the highs, didn't spend much time with the headphones. I just know, that these were the most comfortable headphones I've worn, the Sennheiser HD800 might be an exception..

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
Same, Andrew
redface.gif
. And to Sound. They have a good bass response, but it doesn't cover up the music at all. The mids are forward, not sure about the highs, didn't spend much time with the headphones. I just know, that these were the most comfortable headphones I've worn, the Sennheiser HD800 might be an exception..

I've actually found HD800 less comfortable due to the weight. DT880 are just feather light. But it's all relative, HD800 would easily be my second pick.
Mids are not "forward"; neutral or a slightly scooped would be a better word for them but again it all depends on what reference you come from, bass also is not Denon or LCD quantity and quality, but pretty good overall, not anemic.
They need quite hefty amp to shine though.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure if you were referring to MDR-1R or DT880, my comments are for DT880. :)

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 23
I personally would suggest the Sony mdr-v6. I used to sleep in my v7 (same housing, different driver) all the time before I started modding them. They also excel at vocal work in my opinion, more so than many cans in their price range. They are supremely comfortable, very well built, and you won't want to cry if you break them in your sleep

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #21 of 23
Without a doubt the most comfortable around-ear headphones that I've ever tried are the Bose AE2's. As long as you don't have ears that protrude out too much they should be extremely comfy, with zero clamping force.  Not a good choice at all for Audiophile listening, but for your use I think they'll do their job nicely.  I use them for casual desktop youtube/movie watching and they do fine while also providing some isolation (being closed back and all).

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #23 of 23
IF you want something cheaper, XB500: in case you don't mind the size and dark sound, or JVC S600: those are also very comfy and probably the best reasonably priced around ear portables, bass capable, but lacking a bit of mids if unEQed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back