The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Nov 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #3,991 of 5,999
  Thank you for test driving - and thanks to others who test drove a couple of the other options.  I think this has the highest Amps and Watts output of the wall warts I've seen though.  Cheers all!

Yes, the Amp and Watts outputs are indeed very similar as the stock M8 power supply. I have a bunch of newer Toshiba laptops around me and I noticed all their power supplies seemed to be similar to the one that the  M8 uses (spec. wise only of course).  So I was searching for something similar, "smaller footprint" that could fit in my side pocket or even back pocket and this one does! 

So if you plan on taking your M8 on a road trip and carry as little weight as possible.. you've ordered the right unit that's not too expensive! I just hope that it will last a year or so since many power supplies tend to fail too quickly..

Nov 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,992 of 5,999
I like the "retro" looking round plug :)

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #3,995 of 5,999
Which direction?

Here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-MHE100-5-Headphone-Adapter-Extension/dp/B000068O6B

I have one similar to this but it doesn't have the Hosa branding.  Works fine. 

Also, there is the Grado one.  Seems to be $15 everywhere.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #3,996 of 5,999
The other direction... For the CMB model of the HiFi-M8, there are two 1/4 inch headphone recepticals.

With a standard 1/8" plug, into an adapter, I have a two inch clearance issue... but a right-angled adapter, I can avoid this.

I'm looking for a great quality adapter that functions like this:

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,997 of 5,999
I just got my shipping confirmation this morning, and I should be receiving my unit on Tuesday.  I'm a May pre-order guy, near the end of the offer window.  So, CEntrance is very close to making the M8 a stocked item now...

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #3,999 of 5,999
Have there been any discussions regarding swap outs/replacements of the output plates should we decide to go with a different set of connectors completely?

I say this as one who thought 2 combo jacks were great until I found it impossible to find right angle, good, 1/4"M to 1/8"F adapters... :-/

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #4,001 of 5,999
Michael-blog update please
smily_headphones1.gif

A shared and collective sense of abandonment !!!

We know Michael.  It's not us.  It's you.  It's been a long run, but you think it's time we see other people.  We've grown apart.  Our interests have diverged. The children have left the nest.  There's nothing more to say to each other - Thank God for the morning paper or we would actually have to talk to each other.  The large woman is singing.  The toothbrush is taped to the front door.  The belongings have been piled in the front yard and set ablaze.  It's over, but we can still be friends, right?

Edit - Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #4,002 of 5,999
I received an email rom Michael just yesterday - they are buried getting these things out the door:

"Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your email. We are slammed in production right now so we have instituted a nominal charge for this operation.

If you accept, please work with Kenny on the RMA.

Best Regards,

Michael Goodman
Managing Director,
Chief Product Architect
CEntrance, Inc."

The "operation" is switching me from CMB to RSA faceplates.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #4,003 of 5,999
I received an email rom Michael just yesterday - they are buried getting these things out the door:

"Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your email. We are slammed in production right now so we have instituted a nominal charge for this operation.

If you accept, please work with Kenny on the RMA.

Best Regards,

Michael Goodman
Managing Director,
Chief Product Architect
CEntrance, Inc."

The "operation" is switching me from CMB to RSA faceplates.

Cool, Please update on this if you elect to do it.  So far, I like my configuration.  Should I ever abandon iDevices as my transports, I may want to go LX instead, so I am obviously curious whether this works out for you.  I think a nominal charge is reasonable to change configuration.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #4,004 of 5,999
53-253-large.jpg

My latest addition to my M8, although my silver cable version choice is more prettier than the pictured copper one :) I just had to post this to keep the thread alive and I will get back to how it sounds, if it even had an option!  So far I love the very smooth, flexible, functional and overall  very cool design. So far it sounds great and maybe later on I will return and give my personal interpretation why or why not I believe/experience one way or the other when compared to the M8's stock version cable. 

Right now I'm very pleased...as I in many ways have been with the M8 for the past month or so.. The M8 keeps growing on me..

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #4,005 of 5,999

53-253-large.jpg

My latest addition to my M8, although my silver cable version choice is more prettier than the pictured copper one :) I just had to post this to keep the thread alive and I will get back to how it sounds, if it even had an option!  So far I love the very smooth, flexible, functional and overall  very cool design. So far it sounds great and maybe later on I will return and give my personal interpretation why or why not I believe/experience one way or the other when compared to the M8's stock version cable. 

Right now I'm very pleased...as I in many ways have been with the M8 for the past month or so.. The M8 keeps growing on me..

nice cable !
btw..i use the alo SXC24...but i think yours looks sexier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back