The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Sep 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3,631 of 5,999
I have used the m8 with my beyerdynamic T1 balanced for a few weeks and its fantastic. Just a couple of questions. When I run it off my iPhone 4S vs USB from my windows PC using foobar2000, I realized that the volume via the USB DAC is much lower and I have to turn it up quite a bit.
My second question is I realized that after playing it on the iPhone for a while 10-15mins it stops playing by itself. Not sure if its an iPhone setting.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #3,632 of 5,999
I have used the m8 with my beyerdynamic T1 balanced for a few weeks and its fantastic. Just a couple of questions. When I run it off my iPhone 4S vs USB from my windows PC using foobar2000, I realized that the volume via the USB DAC is much lower and I have to turn it up quite a bit.
My second question is I realized that after playing it on the iPhone for a while 10-15mins it stops playing by itself. Not sure if its an iPhone setting.

For the music-stopped problem, you should reboot the iphone and try again, sometimes app errors cause this issue, i have a cypher lab clas and this is normal with itouch/iphone. But if this still remains, you may try another idevice before considering your M8 has problem

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #3,633 of 5,999

I have the same observation. When I first used my T1 with M8. I have to turn the volume at least to 3'oclock to get to a comfortable level and on some tracks I need to turn it all the way to max.

But after a week I only need to set the volume to 1 o'clock and noticed the sound coming off the T1 is much better. Bass got more impact and highs has gotten so sweet. It looks like both M8 and T1 just need some burn-in time. I only got my T1 a week after I bought the M8. Perhaps it would get a little better over time.

So far I can't stop listening on this combo. As soon as get home and sit on my desktop I always got the T1 wrap snugly over my ears :)

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #3,635 of 5,999
Had mine about a week now and I'm very happy with it. Burson 160d with audiophilleo doesn't get much time now. Been listening mainly with lcd-2.2 at home and hd-25-13 (600ohm) traveling. Both fantastic! Think it sounds neutral(?) detailed dynamic. Easy to forget the sound and just get the music. Controlled and detailed but nice timber to sound. Great to have a portable rig this good, it's going to permit me to listen to a lot more music properly. For my needs really hits an optimal balance power/portability. Many thanks for a great process @mgoodman . I've been longing for almost a year but the wait feels worth it!

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #3,637 of 5,999
A 4XLR to 3.5mm adapter would great. But i guess electronically it wouldn't be feasible

You mean one of these?
sorry, my description is terrible.

The 4 pin xlr plug to a 3.5mm (female) that i would just plug headphones into.

But from my meagre knowledge it wouldnt be balanced then(?).

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #3,638 of 5,999

No, remember the signal comes from the M8 and not the other way around, so this way you're basically just turning the balanced signal into a non-balanced signal to feed the headphones.

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #3,639 of 5,999

Correct. my understanding is that in this configuration the two -ve balanced pins are shorted to give a common ground. As per earlier posts- that could be a bad idea (kaboom!) depending on the device.

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #3,640 of 5,999

Just use the combo 3.5out on the M8 itself.  It is there precisely for this purpose.  

Or if you have balanced cable, you can get 4pin xlr to female rsa or trrs converter cables to keep it balanced.

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #3,641 of 5,999
From HiFi-M8 blog:

Dear Evaluation Group Customers,

Very good news: if your unit was paid-for by May 1, your HiFi-M8 will be shipping by October 11.

All remaining evaluation group units will be sent by October 25.

I will be email you your tracking numbers as units get sent.

At that time (starting October 28) we will begin fulfilling dealer orders and in-store orders of HiFi-M8′s.

Hurray: light at the end of the tunnel, and not just another [smaller] tunnel! 
icon_smile.gif

Also, please rememeber that the units now being sent are update-capable for the 24/96 upgrade.

You will be able to download and perform this firmware update from your home when it becomes available.

Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm over the last several months. It has been a pleasure.

~Stacie

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3,642 of 5,999
  From HiFi-M8 blog:

Very good news: if your unit was paid-for by May 1, your HiFi-M8 will be shipping by October 11.

At that time (starting October 28) we will begin fulfilling dealer orders and in-store orders of HiFi-M8′s.

icon_smile.gif

Also, please rememeber that the units now being sent are update-capable for the 24/96 upgrade.

You will be able to download and perform this firmware update from your home when it becomes available.

Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm over the last several months. It has been a pleasure.

~Stacie

Indeed nice news.

I have a question though, does iPod Classic (latest generation) have any chance to support 24/96 or it is only for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads?

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #3,643 of 5,999
  From HiFi-M8 blog:

icon_smile.gif

~Stacie

Preordered in December and told them last week I wanted to change it to a LX unit and I haven't got an answer. Should I be worried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back