The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2,626 of 5,999
Just posted very brief impression over in the impressions thread, but very pleased with the sound out of the box. It's able to power the he6 to moderate levels which is right around where I like to listen. But they do sound underpowered which was expected. But it's plenty good enough to be enjoyable.

My jh13 sounds stellar on this and best of all.....the cheap 2.00 short, black lightning cable I got off eBay works great!!!

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #2,627 of 5,999
Anybody who got the m8 coming to the LA Head Fi meet this weekend?

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,628 of 5,999
So I ordered on Jan 2, 2013, which puts me in the September group I suppose.

If only I'd ordered a week earlier..

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #2,629 of 5,999
Oh man, these initial impressions rolling in are making me wish I had gotten in early on the pre-order! Feedback sounds promising. Just gotta keep waiting, that's fine. Keep the impressions coming folks!

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,630 of 5,999
Quote:
So I ordered on Jan 2, 2013, which puts me in the September group I suppose.

If only I'd ordered a week earlier..

I ordered mine November 4th.  Cutoff for the first group was November 3rd....  The whole 24/96 thing should be sorted by the time mine ships the last week of August though, so all is basically well.  Except that the reviews and impressions rolling in have me twitching...

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #2,631 of 5,999
One thing I will say about my jh13, one negative they have is being very source dependent. At 1099 they don't sound like high end cans out of straight out of a portable. On any of my home rigs, I would put them right up there with some of the best.

But I would say they sound good off a portable and really good off a very good off a godap 4.0 i use to own. With the m8 they sound like high end customs again. So I would say the built in dac is really doing its job. I haven't tried my w3000s yet, but I will soon.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #2,632 of 5,999
One thing I will say about my jh13, one negative they have is being very source dependent. At 1099 they don't sound like high end cans out of straight out of a portable. On any of my home rigs, I would put them right up there with some of the best.

But I would say they sound good off a portable and really good off a very good off a godap 4.0 i use to own. With the m8 they sound like high end customs again. So I would say the built in dac is really doing its job. I haven't tried my w3000s yet, but I will soon.

This may be a really stupid comment. One thing that I have noticed with my Heir 8a's is that if I do not listen for a few days, maybe just using the TF-10's or music in the car, when I do pick up the 8a's again they again blow me away to a certain extent. I think that I become used to the sound after a steady diet of just the 8a. Maybe its a psychoacoustic effect. Maybe I become saturated? I do know that after listening at high volume I do get an auditory numbing effect, like loosing sensitivity. So much so that I have learned to appreciate turning the volume down. That being said, even at low volume (maybe especially at low volume) an amp makes a real difference in the quality of the sound. I do not really like to listen to the headphones without an amp anymore. The LOD out of the iPod to an amp is so much superior to the 3.5 mm jack direct in my opinion.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2,633 of 5,999
Quote:
I ordered mine November 4th.  Cutoff for the first group was November 3rd....  The whole 24/96 thing should be sorted by the time mine ships the last week of August though, so all is basically well.  Except that the reviews and impressions rolling in have me twitching...

Yeah, I'm expecting all the software issues to be solved by the time my unit gets shipped out (with the third and final preorder group).
I know what you mean about the twitching!!!

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #2,634 of 5,999
It would be nice to official know all the cutoff dates, just to know what group anyone who pre-ordered belongs to. I'm fine with a wait, maybe slightly envious of those who have received their unit and how much they love their units :) and I would love to hear more, why not..  Now, I'm about to rewriting my will and I just need to know what to include before it's too late..

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #2,636 of 5,999
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I'm expecting all the software issues to be solved by the time my unit gets shipped out (with the third and final preorder group).
I know what you mean about the twitching!!!

MY TWITCHING ENDS ON  JULY 19, 2013!
size]
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back