Jun 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #2,326 of 5,999
Quote:
Do I go to the front of the line??
smily_headphones1.gif

I doubt he dares to do that... maybe he would send you some rubber bands
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2,333 of 5,999
Quote:

We figured out how to disable the volume bar, but it has not disappeared yet...
Volume bar disappears on Fostex hp_p1 running recent firmware, Sony-ph1 and Venturecraft devices.(see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's more of an iOS thingy...

Would you be ok if we simply didn't react to the slider?

RE: more of an OS thingy. Other idevice Dac/amps sync well (as above, so below).
_________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE:
I just had my Fostex hp_p1 serviced and also received a new firmware/software update.

The volume bar has now receded/disappeared - so it is doable (see photos below).

*Also 
_____________________________________________________________________________________

**It has always been a mystery to me why when simple basic portable amps connect via LOD to 3.5 to ipod touch/iphone etc the volume bar disappears, and  the volume bar on CLAS, Fostex didnt disappear when synced in the past. Now the fostex does.

CONFIRMED idevice DAC/Amps with no volume bar:
Fostex hp_p1 running newest firmware, (although with older devices such as the touch2G the volume disappears on last hp_p1 firmware).
Venturecraft products(by head-fi`er mthefirst who has all their idevice dac/amps).
Sony-pha1 (confirmed by head-fier dpmalito)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me I now `feel` that my Fostex hp_p1 has synced properly now that the volume bar has disappeared.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos showing receded/disappeared volume bar on Fostex hp_p1 Firmware 1.1.2.

Stock Apple music player

Flacplayer app.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,334 of 5,999
A couple thoughts about the latest blog posts:

- The finished product looks great, very purposeful. Beauty in engineering.

- The glowing red of the combo jack is just plain cool.

- My iPod is lonely. This should help. Please ship them soon!

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #2,335 of 5,999
Remember when we were "kids" at a concert at some major venue.  Just before the headliner came out the houselights would be dimmed and all you could see was the red glow of the power lights on the amps on stage. I think the red glow is way cool.  And Grobe....I have a brand new 160GB iPod in a box that I got for my birthday just waiting to be hooked up to the M8.  

And MGoodman.... Good things come to those who wait and I'm waitin.  In other words take the needed time now and send the best product when you are satisfied with it.  In the meantime I have my T-shirt, my bowler, a set of false eyelashes, and the look of Malcolm McDowell in a certain Kubrick movie to keep me happy until the M8 is ready.  Not as good as you could do it but you gotta love that look!!

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2,336 of 5,999
Michael - the dedicated assembly station looks suspiciously like a high school lunchroom table under there!  Whatever it is, I am very, very excited to see it!  I am very, very ready to receive my HIFI-M8, iDevice back, 4 pin XLR front.  I too have a new (to me anyway) 160 gb ipod classic as well as my ipod touch 4G 64 gb, and a couple of iphones chomping at the bit.  Oh, and the other end of the chain - balanced Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs V3.2 and balanced Senn HD650's, single ended 1964 Ears Quads (the fussiest, most efficient, most prone to hissing IEM I have had the "pleasure" to hear).  Man I can't wait!

EDIT - the 1964 Ears Quads don't suck, they are really very nice, just very fussy about amps.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2,337 of 5,999
Quote:
I'm really interested in this combo as well, maybe just the AK100 considering it most likely would be a mere transport for the LX.  The only downfall I see, is still no gapless playback yet.  32 gigs on board plus two 64gb microSD would last me such a long time...

iriver has announced a new firmware update [size=11pt][size=11pt]AK100 V2.01[/size][/size] that is available for download as of today that will enable gapless playback capability in the DAP.  

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #2,339 of 5,999
So here is the big question with the release being near.  What are you going to mainly attach the M8 to?  I think for most people is the ipod.  I definitely pluging it in my Galaxy Note2, Ipad3, and using it as a portable amp/dac for my mac book pro.  I am thinking about getting a nice combo going maybe with the ak100 or ak120 or even the dx100 (which I love but also lost on an international flight).

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #2,340 of 5,999
So here is the big question with the release being near.  What are you going to mainly attach the M8 to?  I think for most people is the ipod.  I definitely pluging it in my Galaxy Note2, Ipad3, and using it as a portable amp/dac for my mac book pro.  I am thinking about getting a nice combo going maybe with the ak100 or ak120 or even the dx100 (which I love but also lost on an international flight).

I don't know if you are going to have any luck with the Note 2. While none of the M8s that were at the Chicago meet were set up to be USB dacs, I tested a Dacmini (Michael said that they were virtually identical in how they announce themselves via USB) and it was a no go using either Poweramp or USB Audio Recorder Pro. This isn't surprising since my Resonessence Concero also doesn't work properly. It seems that the more sophisticated/custom USB implementations are too complex for Android at the moment. Stuff like my old ODAC and Nuforce HDP work perfectly.

Now my debate is to buy an iDevice or to look for a mobile DAC/amp solution that will work with my Note 2. The M8 will be used for transportable situations via my laptop or at the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back