The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Mar 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #1,681 of 5,999
If you want to test older iDevices for legacy compatibility, I've got several:  iPhone 3GS and 4S, iPod Touch third gen and 4th gen, iPad (first gen), iPad 2, and an iPad mini.  I'm part of the preorder already. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #1,684 of 5,999
@Michael: my body is ready. I mean, I have lots of iPods.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,685 of 5,999
@Michael: I work for a medium sized software company and I am specifically working on our mobile initiatives. We have many, many mobile devices that we use for testing and I typically cary at least 5 tablets/phones (iOS, Android, Windows) at any time. I would be more than happy to run a HiFi-M8 through its paces if that would help.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #1,687 of 5,999
Quote:
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.

Quote:
Yes, I/We/You know that later pad supports 24/96 via cck. Etc.
also that later ipod touches and iphones can store 24/96 files usually via an app(but not output at 24/96).

My question above is above whether the recent ipod/touch/phones models can store AND play 24/96 natively via hifi-m8.

*i understand if mgoodman may not have an answer yet if he is working on it.

Quote:
I may need some volunteers to test this out (and there are clearly many of you here who would want to be the "Guinea pigs" for this) . There are many iDevices out there and we certainly don't have every single one here at CEntrance. So, in a short while, I may be requesting help from people who have the likely candidate hardware for these tests. First, I need to gather a list of devices that we would need to check M8 with.

This would make the Hifi-m8 quite the game changer for idevice products If your endeavors are successful.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #1,688 of 5,999
Got my TH900 recabled Balanced with a short 140 cm  "Symbiose" Coper cable by "Casque-Headphone" in Nice (France).  

( very good service, They also made for me a XLR->1/4 adapter and a XLR->1/8 adapter )

Now... I'm ready for the HiFi-8 !   Just have to wait.....

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,689 of 5,999
@mgoodman:

I don't want to be a party pooper but I just read your post about re-arranging the PCB layout for the LX model. It would seem to me that this product is in jeopardy of making a May release date. Is that a fair assessment?

Again, not to belabor the point, but I was wondering if the May deadline is still realistic at this point? Anyone?

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #1,692 of 5,999
With emapthy and respect for those who, unlike me, are waiting to take delivery, I'm nevertheless compelled to say that asking how long it will take for the water to reach a boil doesn't make staring at it any easier, nor does it make the water any hotter.

I'm confused on where the project is after reading the blog. That's all.

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,694 of 5,999
Looks like we may get it in May afterall? 
biggrin.gif
 From the latest blog:

We added one last change to the circuit and finally sent the digital PCB to the factory today.

The raw PCBs will be made next week. We will be stuffing them the following week.

We are making 20 pcs.

If they work fine, we will immediately turn on mass production and make a larger quantity.

It’s 11pm. Time to rest.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #1,695 of 5,999
Quote:
With emapthy and respect for those who, unlike me, are waiting to take delivery, I'm nevertheless compelled to say that asking how long it will take for the water to reach a boil doesn't make staring at it any easier, nor does it make the water any hotter.

From mgoodman: I believe he said before the 2nd quarter ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back