The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #1,112 of 5,999
Quote:
Cool, that confirms what it looked like from a bunch of pictures and data sheets that tell you just a little less than you wanted to know.

For the record then, mine will be:

IN - iDevice + USB

OUT - 4 Pin XLR + 1/4" SE + 1/8" Combo jacks

Same here, seems like the most obvious/popular choice of the two or is it four. I somehow encountered this thread by random circumstances, very lately of course. But I'm participating (paid the price!) in the pre order group after confusing Stacy several times regarding the details of my preferences. Anyway, I believe we all have something to look forward to and share.

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #1,113 of 5,999
Quote:
HPA or someone with a bunch of balanced headphones - am I correct in thinking that the 2 x 3 pin option only used 2 connectors on each 3 pin XLR, and the 4 pin uses all 4, in each case for the + and - of each channel?

I really don't see that I'm losing anything with the 4 pin unless I end up running a looong cable with analog out to an amp or something - in this case shielding might benefit in reducing RF interference.  Again - am I thinking about this correctly?

The dual 3-pin setup uses 2 of the 3 pins in each side for audio (+/-) and one for ground or shielding.  With my 6 - 15 foot runs of headphone cable, using the 4-pin there has never been an issue with lack of shielding.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,121 of 5,999
Quote:
The blog post provides for an estimated availability of Q1 2013. We are not even into the second week of the year. For me there is no rush given the rumoured Dragonfly spin-offs and so would prefer taking stock then.

Yea I'm in no rush, but I'm just super excited. What Dragonfly Spin-off are you talking about? All I know of is the usb stick sized amp for computers etc?

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #1,122 of 5,999
I'm in no rush, either--I'd rather Michael & Co. take their time and get it right than rush it out prematurely.  In the meantime, my DACport will suffice. 
smile.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #1,123 of 5,999
Is anybody else concerned with today's blog entry at Centrance? "BOY, IS THIS THING LOUD!" Seems like this isn't promising for IEM users. I'm sure it will be a godsend to those with inefficient cans (such as my K601).

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #1,124 of 5,999
I must admit that I'm a little concerned too. But Michael did indicate in an earlier blog entry that they would be quietening it some to extend play time on the battery.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #1,125 of 5,999
Quote:
Is anybody else concerned with today's blog entry at Centrance? "BOY, IS THIS THING LOUD!" Seems like this isn't promising for IEM users. I'm sure it will be a godsend to those with inefficient cans (such as my K601).

I thought about this when I read it too.

I was intending to use the M8 as a portable with very sensitive IEMs and then to be able to come home and use as my desktop balanced AMP/DAC with my LCD3s. Perhaps I am expecting too much?

Michael, when you have the time would you please talk about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back