The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,096 of 5,999
So does that mean you guys aren't cooking up your own special liquid cermet suspension fibres in tesseract braid for superluminal transmission speeds? Theory holds that once you break the 3e8 m/s signal barrier, traditional emi/rfi is no longer a concern
rolleyes.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,097 of 5,999
Quote:
So does that mean you guys aren't cooking up your own special liquid cermet suspension fibres in tesseract braid for superluminal transmission speeds? Theory holds that once you break the 3e8 m/s signal barrier, traditional emi/rfi is no longer a concern
rolleyes.gif

Oh, boy.... How did this leak out? Research on this topic is conducted in top-secret conditions, at a guarded underground facility! 
Now we'll need to scrap the plans and move to another top-secret project! :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #1,098 of 5,999
1) wow. Armeagis, Michael, I can't even jump in on this one. You guys win!

2) I just need to get my hands on a male/female pair if neutrik 4 pin XLRs so I can see what goes on. I still only see 4 holes in the female jack photos.

3) looks like 4 pin will be fine for my needs.

4) thank you!

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #1,099 of 5,999
Quote:
Oh, boy.... How did this leak out? Research on this topic is conducted in top-secret conditions, at a guarded underground facility! 
Now we'll need to scrap the plans and move to another top-secret project! :)

It's a little known fact that when you wear the foil cap upside down, you receive instead of block 
cool.gif

Quote:

The really scary part is, aside from the tesseract braiding the rest of the mumbo is stuff I've actually seen in cable advertising before. 

*Although*... if we go by the assumption that a tesseract is just an extension of a cube into the 4th dimension, I could maybe approximate that with a square braid that loops back through in on itself every iteration, making an outside weave before closing back for the next square... Ye gods, that hurts my brain, but it should be doable. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #1,101 of 5,999
Quote:
2) I just need to get my hands on a male/female pair if neutrik 4 pin XLRs so I can see what goes on. I still only see 4 holes in the female jack photos.
3) looks like 4 pin will be fine for my needs.
4) thank you!

http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/2012/12/26/the-smallest-pcb/

Look at the female 4-pin connector on the pic. You will see a "secret" pin in the lower right corner that does not appear to be connected to anything inside the jack. Well, it actually is connected to the shield of the cable, just not visible at that angle. This may save you ordering a brand new connector at Mouser.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #1,102 of 5,999
So now that most things are finalized and the thing is actually coming out relatively soon, who sells micro usb to usb-b otg "lod" cables for android and portable usb audio capable devices? I can't find anything online. I could of course use regular length cables and adapters, but that's not exactly sleek.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #1,103 of 5,999
Quote:
http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/2012/12/26/the-smallest-pcb/

Look at the female 4-pin connector on the pic. You will see a "secret" pin in the lower right corner that does not appear to be connected to anything inside the jack. Well, it actually is connected to the shield of the cable, just not visible at that angle. This may save you ordering a brand new connector at Mouser.

Outer housing of the plug then?  That's what I could get from looking at a bunch of pictures on Mouser and I think Newark.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #1,105 of 5,999
Quote:
Outer housing of the plug then?  That's what I could get from looking at a bunch of pictures on Mouser and I think Newark.

Yep. On the male version the ground is more near the top side and I believe part of the spring. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #1,106 of 5,999
Quote:

Yep. On the male version the ground is more near the top side and I believe part of the spring. 

Cool, that confirms what it looked like from a bunch of pictures and data sheets that tell you just a little less than you wanted to know.

For the record then, mine will be:

IN - iDevice + USB

OUT - 4 Pin XLR + 1/4" SE + 1/8" Combo jacks

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,107 of 5,999
So now that most things are finalized and the thing is actually coming out relatively soon, who sells micro usb to usb-b otg "lod" cables for android and portable usb audio capable devices? I can't find anything online. I could of course use regular length cables and adapters, but that's not exactly sleek.

Keep searching, especially eBay. I swear I have seen these. If not, it is a pretty easy thing to reterminate a normal micro USB otg cable with a different USB connector.

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,109 of 5,999
Eh, just to be sure, the option with the 4 Pin XLR and the 1/4" jack will also include a 1/8" jack right?
When I emailed Ms Roma she only mentioned the first two...

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,110 of 5,999
Wow, just recently been pointed to this thread and have just finished reading it and also had a look at the Dacmini page as it uses the same amp.
I have a couple of questions, it was mentioned in the Dacmini thread that the gain needed to be raised to power a couple of the hard to drive headphones, has this been taken in to account for the m8.
As a newbie the mini xlr looks like the most sensible choice followed by the 4 pin, what are the chances of getting a mini xlr version shortly after the initial release, or would you be able to swap the 4 pin for the mini at a later date.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back