The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #1,066 of 5,999
Would this device use its power supply only through the built-in rechargeable battery (like a mobile phone for instance) or would it bypass that circuitry & enable operating it directly through the mains when plugged in (e.g. like a laptop)? I hope it does not sound picky; I just dislike using batteries when I do not have to. Thanks

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,069 of 5,999
I would like to use my HiFi M8 with my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as my IPad. Is the M8, a USB "Host" or "Client", USB 2.0 or 3.0. the Galaxy S3 can act as both Client or Host depending on the type of cable used. I read in a previous post that the M8 might not work with Android. Can you elaborate on the specifics so Android owners can a work towards a solution.

thank you.

PreO'd

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #1,071 of 5,999
Is there any way to preorder the M8 right now?
Can't believe I didn't notice this until now. URGH!!!
Probably going to get one of these; seems like the perfect iDAC/Amp for a person who wants great sound but can't have a fixed desktop/home setup...

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,072 of 5,999
I just bumped into this thread a few days ago and have read entirely through it. I am floored with the community involvement and open communication from Centrance. The Hifiman- M8 development is striking all the most important needs on my list in an awesome all in one solution. I'm strongly considering jumping on board the early preorder train.

Michael, any chance preorders within the next week or so can still qualify for the headfi preorder discount? Haven't seen anything about a cutoff.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #1,074 of 5,999
Quote:
I just bumped into this thread a few days ago and have read entirely through it.

Impressive - seriously.

Quote:
I am floored with the community involvement and open communication from Centrance. The Hifiman- M8 development is striking all the most important needs on my list in an awesome all in one solution. I'm strongly considering jumping on board the early preorder train.
Michael, any chance preorders within the next week or so can still qualify for the headfi preorder discount? Haven't seen anything about a cutoff.  

I've just had too much fun following, contributing to and occasionally derailing this thread (not really on purpose, it just happens sometimes...) not be be involved with the pre-order as well.  Hopefully there is room on the train for you.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #1,075 of 5,999
Just emailed CEntrance via the hifi m8 email! 
tongue_smile.gif

REALLY hope there's still room!!!

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #1,076 of 5,999
Quote:

Impressive - seriously.

I've just had too much fun following, contributing to and occasionally derailing this thread (not really on purpose, it just happens sometimes...) not be be involved with the pre-order as well.  Hopefully there is room on the train for you.

I'm going to tell people once I get mine that I designed it with the help of CEntrance and some fellow Headfiers...

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,077 of 5,999
Could someone address my concern that this device doesnt have an analog output so we could use different portable amp. Everything look great except for that. I am just worry that the amp part wont be as good as mk3 or stepdance 2.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #1,078 of 5,999
Quote:
Could someone address my concern that this device doesnt have an analog output so we could use different portable amp. Everything look great except for that. I am just worry that the amp part wont be as good as mk3 or stepdance 2.

There should be a FAQ!

> I've been a bit confused by the 3.5mm jack, will the analog signal be a line out or variable out?
It's a combo jack. The SPDIF out is the digital part, the headphone output is the analog part. The analog part is a mirror of the 1/4" jack. We decided against making a separate line-level output, because the output is so clean anyway, you could drive external amps with the output of the headphone amp.

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #1,080 of 5,999
Quote:
Just a reminder: DACport is now at the low price of $300 and DACport LX is $250...and for a limited time we are also offering free shipping to anywhere in the world!

-Kenny

How long is this limited period? With customs and 20% VAT considerations it would probably still be cheaper to see a UK stockist if there will ever be one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back