The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Nov 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #616 of 5,999
Quote:
> What do you think about a mini 4-pin xlr? Seems like the best features of the RSA and standard size XLR.
I really thank you for the suggestion, but it may be a little too late to make changes. We are rushing ahead with the three options we know of. I'll definitely keep this in mind for a future version. 

> How about a Pelican case for transporting/storing the M8 and accessories?
Hmm... Not a bad idea! Will look into that. We already sell a product in a Pelican case and people seem to love the portability.

> So is there a plan for that USB input to support Android's USB Audio?
Yes, M8 will support Android as long as the phone supports USB audio. It's not up to us, it's up to the phone.

> How much does the M8 weigh? I wonder how much weight difference there is between a "typical" standard xlr compared to a "typical" mini xlr?
We will be able to give you the answer in several weeks once we build these up and weigh them. However, I can say that the main sources of the weight are the battery and the aluminum case. XLR connectors will contribute to the weight, but to a lesser extent.

Michael,

You're a Champ! You never cease to amaze and delight with your fast replies and willingness to listen to feedback, answer questions, and modify your M8 and other products to meet buyer requests. Centrance is "Tops" in my book.  I'm really looking forward to receiving my M8 to compliment my Dacmini!

BTW, thanks for the T-shirt.

Many thanks,

Keith

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #617 of 5,999
Soooo...  Are you ready to mod your tee shirts yet? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #618 of 5,999
Quote:
Soooo...  Are you ready to mod your tee shirts yet? 
biggrin.gif

LOL! Actually, I'm working on a Rite Aid Natural Absorbent Cotton mod that I think will enhance the M8's Natural tones of the simple, but elegant, stock black and white graphics. Details, Live, at 10:00.

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #619 of 5,999
This just in:

CEntrance announces that in the spirit of flexibility and customer focus, HiFi-M8 T-shirts will now be offered in 100 different sizes.

Starting with SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and ending with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX now you can get a PERFECT T-shirt to meet your individual needs.

(The BBC would like to apologize for the lighthearted nature of the preceding comment)

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #620 of 5,999
Quote:
This just in:

CEntrance announces that in the spirit of flexibility and customer focus, HiFi-M8 T-shirts will now be offered in 100 different sizes.

Starting with SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and ending with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX now you can get a PERFECT T-shirt to meet your individual needs.

(The BBC would like to apologize for the lighthearted nature of the preceding comment)

LOL. CEntrance style! I want 1 in Zimbabwe cotton and 1 in Loro Piana baby cashmere please. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #622 of 5,999
Quote:
This just in:

LOL! Which one will sound better with xlr's and which one will work best with TRS? Heck! Send me one of everything!

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #623 of 5,999
ok guys, I'm planning on using the Hifi-M8 for transportable rig and also for home desktop dac connected to my balanced amp...if I choose a hifi-m8 with dual 3 pin xlr's, is there any benefits in using this setup when connected to a balanced amp vs using a single ended trs(hif-m8) to rca(amp)?

Also, will this adapter work for achieving true balanced output from the hifi-m8 to a balanced headphone terminated to 4 pin xlr?

Any help will be much appreciated.
popcorn.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #625 of 5,999
Quote:
ok guys, I'm planning on using the Hifi-M8 for transportable rig and also for home desktop dac connected to my balanced amp...if I choose a hifi-m8 with dual 3 pin xlr's, is there any benefits in using this setup when connected to a balanced amp vs using a single ended trs(hif-m8) to rca(amp)?

Also, will this adapter work for achieving true balanced output from the hifi-m8 to a balanced headphone terminated to 4 pin xlr?

Any help will be much appreciated.
popcorn.gif

That's taking two single ended outputs and converting them into one 4-pin XLR output but it's not balanced, as far as I can tell.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #629 of 5,999
Quote:
I seriously wish that there is a variant with mini 4pin XLR jack. I don't really like the RSA jack, but it's still better than have full size XLR terminated headphones, way too big to my taste.

Same here. That's why I chose the 4-pin over the dual 3-pin - just too big for a portable device, IMO. I'd much prefer a mini-4-pin xlr. I'll have to give some more thought to the RSA vs full size 4-pin xlr. Right now I'm leaning towards the RSA because it's smaller.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #630 of 5,999
Quote:

That's taking two single ended outputs and converting them into one 4-pin XLR output but it's not balanced, as far as I can tell.

If one of the single ended outputs is the "inverted" version of the other, the adapter should work assuming it's wired up correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back