The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Nov 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #631 of 5,999
I received my t-shirt yesterday, and immediately put it on listened to some tracks. The thing the caught me off guard was the blacker background and increased sound stage. The bass was tighter and highs more extended. Wow, this t-shirt sounds great. If the m8 sounds anywhere near as good as the t-shirt, then it will be a huge hit!!:D

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #633 of 5,999
Quote:
not sure if this will help, but here's the adapter I'm talking about, I use it on my Matrix Quattro Amp.

I don't know the configuration of the Quattro, but from looking at the picture of it... I think so?

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #634 of 5,999
> I received my t-shirt yesterday, and immediately put it on listened to some tracks. The thing the caught me off guard was the blacker background and increased sound stage. The bass was tighter and highs more extended. Wow, this t-shirt sounds great. If the m8 sounds anywhere near as good as the t-shirt, then it will be a huge hit!!
font]

Now we like you even more :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #635 of 5,999
Quote:
> I received my t-shirt yesterday, and immediately put it on listened to some tracks. The thing the caught me off guard was the blacker background and increased sound stage. The bass was tighter and highs more extended. Wow, this t-shirt sounds great. If the m8 sounds anywhere near as good as the t-shirt, then it will be a huge hit!!
font]

Now we like you even more :)

Hehehehehe.........it is a pretty cool T.  And good quality screen printing...nothing cheap about it or Centrance!

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #637 of 5,999
Has it been 100% confirmed that the HiFi M8 will support the iPhone 5 without the need of the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter ?

Thank you.

yes it works
its going to be apple certified and it works like the fostex and solo by decoding the digital signal
so only thing you need is iphone 5>lightning to usb cable>centrance m8

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #639 of 5,999
Quote:
yes it works
its going to be apple certified and it works like the fostex and solo by decoding the digital signal
so only thing you need is iphone 5>lightning to usb cable>centrance m8

A word of warning is some cheap aftermarket lightning cables only give power, and no data, so those paired to a DAC won't work.

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #640 of 5,999
We are yet to confirm this "100%", but we believe that you should have no issues. The cable that comes with the iPhone 5 carries both power and data, so that one should be fine. Eventually, we will offer our own branded cable as well, but this may be in early 2013, since this cable is so new and many companies are still figuring it out.

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #641 of 5,999
Quote:
We are yet to confirm this "100%", but we believe that you should have no issues. The cable that comes with the iPhone 5 carries both power and data, so that one should be fine. Eventually, we will offer our own branded cable as well, but this may be in early 2013, since this cable is so new and many companies are still figuring it out.

Thank you.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #643 of 5,999
I don't think anyone answered this question when I asked many pages ago.

The iPhone/iPod connected to M8 via supplied cable and headphone connected to M8 using the balanced plugs will allow fully balanced sound?

I asked this because CLAS db plus MK3 needs the additional RSA adaptor from dac to amp plus another RSA adaptor for headphones.  

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #644 of 5,999
Quote:

Michael, could you consider offering right-angled 30-pin and lightning cables?
Because the input and output are on the opposite sides of the M8, using straight cables would be difficult especially when carrying the M8 in a bag or a pocket.

BTW, my M8 t-shirt came in today. Very good quality for free! Thanks!

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #645 of 5,999
Michael,

Questions for you:

1. Given the price-point you've chosen, are you having to make many compromises? Asked another way, could you make a price-no-object version of the M8 that would function/sound materially better?
  2. Other than battery life, are there other trade-offs in building a DAC/amp that seeks to be able to drive every headphone under the sun? Battery life is critical to me and this is a portable unit so, personally, I'd prefer a model tailored toward the IEM end of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back