The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #245 of 5,999
Hey Head-fiers,

Just wanted to say thanks for the interest in HiFi-M8! As was mentioned, we are taking down 40 pre-orders at about $560. Anyone that is interested just needs to e-mail HiFi-M8@centrance.com. Please include your name and head-fi logon. These are the names that have stated they are interested in pre-order:

Audiowood
ExpatinJapan
Elnero
Pekingduck
tas236
shotgunshane
Heppokosan
Bayac
Yoguy
Pjw241142
sree
Audioh
MorbidToaster

For those that have already sent an e-mail, could you please send another with your head-fi logon if it was not included. We are compiling the list of the first 40 people and will then give ordering information.

Thanks!

-Kenny

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #246 of 5,999
I am confused with all these XLR and balanced jacks, inputs, outputs etc etc. Will this device have a jack for use of iems and low output impedance as well? If not, then I'll probably withdraw my pre-order and give my spot to someone else who can benefit it. 

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #247 of 5,999
Yeah - you are not the only one who's confused :) Sorry - it is in fact confusing, but the good news is that we are here to un-confuse this thing and make it right.

HiFi-M8 makes it easy to swap the side panels and change out the connector. We plan to make enough side panels of each variety:

- Two 3-pin combo XLRs, which double up as two 1/4" unbalanced jacks
- One 4-pin XLR + One x 1/4" jack

When emailing us about pre-order, please indicate which option you prefer. If we already have your email, we will respond to you and ask you about your preference. The price is the same for the 3-pin balanced or 4-pin balanced.

We expect that most of the interest at this point is about the regular HiFi-M8, which is the Dual-Input USB/iDevice DAC.

If you are interested in the LX model instead (replaces the iDevice input with optical SPDIF input), please let us know.

The prices and conditions will be mailed out to you once you indicate your interest.

Michael

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #249 of 5,999
HiFi-M8 makes it easy to swap the side panels and change out the connector. We plan to make enough side panels of each variety:

- Two 3-pin combo XLRs, which double up as two 1/4" unbalanced jacks

I'm assuming this means I can share what I'm listening to with another single ended headphone? Any issues plugging two sets in at one time?

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #250 of 5,999
such a hard choice between the intruder and centrance m8
ill probably wait for the comparisons between the two

about the centrance m8, it was posted earlier that it can be charged via usb (so no need to bring around the power plug)?
can someone confirm this
since im not really sure if you can run an audeze > m8 off usb power?

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #251 of 5,999
Quote:
I'm assuming this means I can share what I'm listening to with another single ended headphone? Any issues plugging two sets in at one time?

Yes, you can plug in two sets of unbalanced phones at once. Impedance and sensitivity specs for every headphone is different, so the output level may not seem the same if one set is harder to drive than the other. This means that if a pair of IEMS and LCD's are plugged in at the same time, the IEMS will be louder. If the headphones are the same or have similar specs, the output level would be the same on each.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #253 of 5,999
Quote:
Will this device have a jack for use of iems and low output impedance as well?

To elaborate a little more for CEntrance:
For either balanced output you choose, it will be able to accept 1/4" plugs. 
1/4" to 3.5mm plugs adapters will be provided. These are really compact, and can stay plugged into the M8, so you can use it for your IEMs etc.

CEntrance will have to answer the question regarding how well it suits ultra sensitive IEMs.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #254 of 5,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back