1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by firev1, Aug 15, 2012.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. ExpatinJapan
    Quote:
    Thanks for the prompt, concise and clear answers.

-I understand about the lightning cable not being available at this stage, it being a recent development.

2. Zuqi
    I have an idea, m8 could provide an power adapter that could connect to the usb cable, just like apple charger, so that the back panel could be more simple.

3. HeadphoneAddict Contributor
    Quote:

Back panel is just right, and I like the idea of a 2.5a rapid charger.

4. ExpatinJapan
    Quote:
    Are you thinking of getting a Hifi-m8 headphoneaddict?

*Any impressions of its sound signature and/or compared to the CLAS or fostex hp-p1? (I read your brief in the other can-jam(?) thread.

5. mgoodman
    > however, when plugging the usb into computer and playing music from computer>m8, will there be a way to disable usb charging (like the fiio e17) so the battery can run down, instead of contiuosly being charged all the time?

I think that the easiest way to do that at this stage would be for us (or someone else) to offer a special USB cable (or an adapter for a standard USB cable), which disconnects the 5V power line, leaving only the signal lines going through. This way, you will get USB audio, but no power coming in from the computer.

6. DannyBai
    Any update if all preorders are fulfilled?
    I have not received a response to my email.

7. wormsdriver
    Will something like this work for connecting a 4pin xlr cable to the Hifi M8 with the dual 3 pin xlr/ 1/4" plugs?

MatrixQuattroAdapter.jpg

Also, there will be no way to connect the dac on this to a different amp, correct?

8. zachchen1996

I was wondering that too, would you be able to hook this up to a gs3 to use as a dac and then hook another amp to it? Or can the dac only be used with it's own amp?

9. mgoodman
    This cable would work just fine with the stock unit, but do look at today's blog post (it's going live in about 15 min). You may not need this cable with the 4-pin version:

http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/

Regarding output - you will be able to drive external amps with ease.

The pre-order announcement email will be going out by Friday at the latest. We are still busy compiling the requests that have come in from several places - from email, from the thread, comments, private messages, etc. Stacie is meticulous, she will do a good job, make sure no one is left out. That's why we have her tracking this. Once the list is compiled, we will send an email with the details. Thank you for your patience.

10. zachchen1996

It's not too late to preorder yet is it? Does the m8 support 24/192 via usb to a supported android phone like galaxy s3? Or is it limited to 24/96 etc.

11. eron
    New blog post:
    Preliminary 4-pin XLR faceplate design
    4-pin-XLR-version.jpg

Oh wow. CEntrance's approach is quite interesting. They are basically trying their best to suit EVERYONE. Well done on trying to reach out to as many people as possible.
    It's similar to how Dell monitors have multiple inputs, while Apple, or the obscure Korean brands only 1. 

Another fresh approach is Seagate's detachable GoFlex dock connectors that has for example USB 3.0, or Thunderbolt variants.
    Apple chose the Thunderbolt, with adaptors for various connections; ethernet, various video outputs etc.

I'm very young in this 'Audio' community, but from my perception, it'll will be difficult to consolidate all output connectors. As such, in the quest to keep the device neat and slick, a company might consider investing in dock adaptors to suit different users. 

12. Armaegis
    I can understand SPDIF input, but why output? Seems like something more useful for a home rig, in which case they'd be better served with a dedicated unit rather than trying to make the M8 into the swiss army knife of dac/amps.

If you go that route though, might as well save some space and use a combo 3.5mm TRS/optical jack. That could leave room for a lineout [​IMG]

edit: random thought: when the amp is turned off but plugged in via usb, let it operate purely as dac (and thus lineout) rather than dac/amp. Either routed through the regular output or through a separate lindout jack. Is that possible? Although if you guys are jiggering with all those various inputs, it'd probably be a logistics nightmare and not consistently implementable between the different versions.

13. wormsdriver
    Quote:
    Thanks for the quick response. The reason I asked is because I already have this adapter, and like the idea of keeping the two 1/4" plugs, two 3 pin xlrs plugs, and use the adapter for use with 4pin xlr.[​IMG]

14. Grev
    Damn, more money to spend now!

15. HeadphoneAddict Contributor
    Quote:

Michael, I had to send you an email with questions before I email Stacie.  Hope you have time to check it.

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last