The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 26, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #5,911 of 5,999
The description sounds like it is some version of balanced, with balanced output for iem. But is it FULLY balanced, from input, dac chips, etc? And is the Dac any different than V1, or any of the other electronics (aside from the addition of Bluetooth)?

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #5,913 of 5,999
(Haven't done one of these since LH Labs,,,)

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #5,914 of 5,999
LOL, it's on indiegogo.

That's really too bad, with all due respect to CEntrance and fully acknowledging their previous successful IGG campaigns, use of that platform 100% rules out participation on my end.

I love my original HiFi-M8, it still works flawlessly and seems to have little or no loss of battery stamina despite all these years gone by. I absolutely appreciate the generous loyalty/customer appreciation offer to previous CEntrance customers too.

However, IGG will never get another dime from me ever again under ANY circumstances, due to their absolute refusal to do anything about the criminal fraud scheme run on their platform by LH Labs. I liken that to aiding and abetting, and of course IGG doesn't care because they took their cut of that dirty money a long time ago, why should they help the consumers now?

The answer is because we consumers will hold it against them, and never participate in any other IGG campaign ever again. Unfortunately good brands like CEntrance stand to lose something in that scenario, and for that I am truly sorry. Yes, one bad apple spoiled the barrel.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #5,915 of 5,999
Have gotten much use out of my M8 as well. It would be difficult to use Indiegogo again...I believe their site has very little in it to protect consumers.

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #5,917 of 5,999
That's really too bad, with all due respect to CEntrance and fully acknowledging their previous successful IGG campaigns, use of that platform 100% rules out participation on my end.

I love my original HiFi-M8, it still works flawlessly and seems to have little or no loss of battery stamina despite all these years gone by. I absolutely appreciate the generous loyalty/customer appreciation offer to previous CEntrance customers too.

However, IGG will never get another dime from me ever again under ANY circumstances, due to their absolute refusal to do anything about the criminal fraud scheme run on their platform by LH Labs. I liken that to aiding and abetting, and of course IGG doesn't care because they took their cut of that dirty money a long time ago, why should they help the consumers now?

The answer is because we consumers will hold it against them, and never participate in any other IGG campaign ever again. Unfortunately good brands like CEntrance stand to lose something in that scenario, and for that I am truly sorry. Yes, one bad apple spoiled the barrel.
Ok, this is the type of feedback we need. Crowdsourcing all the way. You speak, we learn.

So if we accepted preorders on our site that's ok?

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #5,919 of 5,999
Personally I'd be fine with either approach, but I do understand some folks not liking IGG.
We have a couple of days to decide. We are ok either way. Indiegogo offers more visibility, but they also charge for that. And if you guys are not into that because of past bad experiences, then we will reroute and host in our platform, with blogs, progress updates, Q&A etc. Transparent, like we've done for the original, but more visual this time since we live in the age of YouTube. I should probably ask the question on the mailer...

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #5,920 of 5,999

Can we reliably collect enough support here and an other similar outlets? Then we don't need IGG, especially due to their bad rep

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #5,923 of 5,999
Yep

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #5,924 of 5,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back