1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by firev1, Aug 15, 2012.
First

Back
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
393 394 395 396 397 398
Next

Last
  1. carlosgab
    Oh that says something :)

2. MrMan
    The M8 is where my high end dac/amps started and ended. Can use and effectively drive 95% of the headphones on the market. Can shape the sound however you want. Stock sound is great too.

carlosgab likes this.
  3. mgoodman
    Guys, please note the inner diameter of the power supply plug should be 2.5mm. Plus on the inside.

4. mgoodman
    Just a quick note -- CEntrance is about to update the HiFi-M8 this Summer. Anybody interested?

5. SDBiotek
    I'd love to see an updated version! I still own and enjoy my M8.

6. jmills8
    Yep, same controls ?

7. MikeyFresh
    What does the update consist of?
    At one time you said this unit could be updated for DSD compatibility, then quickly withdrew that idea and said only newer CEntrance products would support DSD.

8. mgoodman
    Pardon me if I wasn't clear. The update refers to a brand new version of the Hi-Fi-M8. A new product. It will be "The Best of CEntrance", a culmination of everything we have learned about portable music listening over the years.

qsk78 and jmills8 like this.
  9. jmills8
    Im interested.

10. ai_enabled
    @mgoodman, I will order one too even though I'm pretty happy with my HiFi-M8 (using it daily since 2014) and I don't even consider newer alternatives from other companies.
    I have some minor issues with it (I hear cracking noises in my headphones when I rotate the volume knob, a rare issue with the potentiometer; my headphones (Fostex TH600) are very sensitive (94 dB/mW with 25 Ohm impedance) so I hear a bit of white noise even on the lowest gain) but overall the device is extremely good, especially considering the price and longevity.
    Also, it's hard to suggest HiFi-M8 now as most people assume it's outdated (and it's out of stock in stores anyway), so HiFi-M8 Mark II makes sense to me! :)

11. jstachowski
    Michael---Sounds interesting. It would be nice if the new model offered a balanced output. I realize that the standard for balanced connectors is a bit in flux these days.

12. doctorjazz
    That doesn't mean being able to have a current M8 upgraded, from what I'm reading.

13. qsk78
    Great news. Subscribed...

14. ExpatinJapan
    I still have my Hifi-M8 :)

15. schalliol
    I still have mine too. An update to my existing one might be something I'd be interested in to get the unit to what I actually thought it was when I bought it, but I won't be buying a whole new unit.

jmills8 likes this.
First

Back
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
393 394 395 396 397 398
Next

Last