The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Oct 13, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #346 of 820
image.jpgI a thought you might like to see accessories in addition to the pouch and USB-C cable. I didn’t pay enough attention to notice that buttons are recessed so you need to use a tool to flip them, but one is included. Also, a compact USB-A to USB-C adapter is there and some rubber feet.
cant wait for your impressions! proof that it actually exists for distribution is very exciting!

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #347 of 820
👍 I'll try it out tonight with a HD-650 using XLR-4. For what it's worth, I'm a regular customer who just set an alarm and ordered online when it came available.

Oct 13, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #348 of 820
👍 I'll try it out tonight with a HD-650 using XLR-4. For what it's worth, I'm a regular customer who just set an alarm and ordered online when it came available.
I have on on preorder but Michael said i was in the "second batch". hope that @doctorjazz gets his soon, as he was also one of the early adopters!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #350 of 820
I found the quietest place I know of, the back of my turned off car to do some listening with the HD-650s via XLR-4. While it's actually true, I dropped my daughter off somewhere for an hour appointment and this was a great opportunity to really test it out.

Super-early Feedback
It sounds incredible! I don't pretend to have magic ears and will let everyone make their own conclusions. I do however find that the noise floor seems silent and everything just sounds fantastic. I tried lots of different music from binaural classical to hard rock and very much enjoyed the experience.

I loaded up Bit Perfect on my Big Sur MacBook Pro and played some tracks from Music. I started with Bluetooth, and BitPerfect shows my 24/192 R.E.M. tracks from "Out of Time" as 32/48. When I switch to USB-C, it shows 32/192. It's the same deal with some Seal discs that are 24/88. Regular CDs show fittingly 32/44.1. I'm using the lower gain level on the unit, and that still works well. I might switch to the higher gain setting, as I have come close to maxing it, but this suggests to me that there's plenty of power. The build quality seems excellent, and I enjoyed using it very much. Great experience!

The only things I noticed I didn't love are:
  1. I had to bring the paper clip thing if I wanted to make changes.
  2. The audio sources both say CEntrance, so if I were to turn on Bluetooth I might see the both that and the USB outputs. I don't know that this is a big problem, as you should be switching to just the one you want and the computer will forget the others quickly
I thought you might like to see a video of the LEDs operating, so here's a video via a Dropbox link: LEDs In Motion To shoot this, I held my iPhone up to my HD-650s so you hear some of the great tracks. Honestly, I thought they were hokey and thought I'd turn them off, but it's pretty cool.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #352 of 820
I have on on preorder but Michael said i was in the "second batch". hope that @doctorjazz gets his soon, as he was also one of the early adopters!!!!!!
Out pf curiosity, what’s your order no.? Mine is 1637, so I wonder whether or not I made it into second batch, or whether I will be waiting some more...

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #355 of 820
Does it ship with any specs on paper ? :smiley:
Nope. Just the [nice] instructions card.

If anyone has a rig that can measure everything, I could loan it out for review.

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #356 of 820
Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #357 of 820
I’ve seen that work and was thinking about it. You spurred me to I PM him and offer to send the new unit and a HiFi M8 V1 as a bonus.

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #358 of 820
I’ve seen that work and was thinking about it. You spurred me to I PM him and offer to send the new unit and a HiFi M8 V1 as a bonus.

The Community thanks you!

Here is his positive review of the CEntrance DACPort HD:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...rements-of-dacport-hd-and-dragonfly-red.5977/

"Conclusions
I have gotten many requests to review the CEntrance DACPort HD and have not had time to review it until now. It is a shame because this is one performant thumb-drive sized USB DAC and Headphone amp. It powers headphones that normally would require desktop DAC and Amps. It doesn't put those products to shame but does with other small devices. Its features such as dual gain settings and perfect channel balance nicely add to the equation. As such, the DACPort HD gets my recommendation for this class of devices."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back