The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Dec 4, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #812 of 820
Is there a v3 coming?
according to mr Goodman, a v3 will be designed after his team delivered the promised 2 audio peripherals. It will have less amplifiers, no more vu meter, it will be designed to complement ampersand.
oh mr @mgoodman , I would like to give a feedback that v2 is excellent for full sized headphones but for IEM we still hear some crackles, I hope v3 may address this issue.

Jan 8, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #814 of 820
So what's the best option for someone looking for a Centrance DAC to pair with the Ampersand at the moment :

1. Wait for the Hifi M8 V3?
2. Look for a Hifi M8 V2 or V1 in the "pre-owned" market? (In that case, should the V1 be considered to be still very viable in terms of its compatibility with latest technologies in Computing and Hifi (+BT, for example).
3. Look for a substitute DAC in the Centrance line up or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #815 of 820
So hat's the best option for someone looking for a Centrance DAC to pair with the Ampersand at the moment :

1. Wait for the Hifi M8 V3?
2. Look for a Hifi M8 V2 or V1 in the "pre-owned" market? (In that case, should the V1 be considered to be still very viable in terms of its compatibility with latest technologies in Computing and Hifi (+BT, for example).
3. Look for a substitute DAC in the Centrance line up or somewhere else?
I have a V2 that I will be listing in the next day or so if that is what you are looking for

Jan 8, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #817 of 820
I hope the V3 fixes the issues of the V2 and accurate specs are published along with it. I really liked the idea of the V2, but the issues were big deal breakers for me.
Could you list some of these issues that were deal breakers? Thanks

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #819 of 820
Bluetooth latency was the big one, low performance with low impedance planars, and the misleading performance numbers that apparently were caused by the volume control chip.
Seems like the best option would be to wait and see how the V3 would iron out these kinks before pulling any trigger on the DAC solution???

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #820 of 820
Bluetooth latency was the big one, low performance with low impedance planars, and the misleading performance numbers that apparently were caused by the volume control chip.
Nothing more frustrating than poor lip sync on Bluetooth. Hate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back