The Carolina CanFEST 8/14/10
Mar 17, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #62 of 285
Sorry everyone. I've been traveling a bit for work. This work stuff gets in the way of much more important stuff like CanFest II. I'm trying to nail down a location and have a really good one selected but I have to get pricing. If it is too high then we're back to the drawing board. I'll hopefully have more news in the next 2-3 days. Thanks for your patience.
Danny

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #63 of 285
No prob. I've been busy myself and will continue to be through the end of this month. Count me in for NC CanFest II. Maybe this will become a well supported annual event.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #64 of 285
It is no big deal. I hope this is soon I am so excited!

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #65 of 285
We are now looking at August on a Saturday. We have available to us a room that is about three times the size of CanFEST I with great accommodations as far as electrical outlets, tables, etc. We also have a second room for the DIYers to use for a smaller, more quite, and intimate setting. Given the size of the large room, 3300 sq ft, it would make sense to invite manufacturers and retailers. I would anticipate this would be about 5-7 venders.

So, I need input as to any conflicting audio gatherings around late August and any other suggestions before committing to the hotel. Please post here or PM me directly.
Thanks,
Danny

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #66 of 285
We should do it August 14th, because I move in to college on the 20th.

I am just being dumb, do it whenever.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #67 of 285
This is a little off topic but any Carolinians going to CanJam?

I'm tentatively planning to attend. I figure I might as well see how the big boys and girls do it as it will be my first. It should be good for contacts/networking in addition to giving me some additional ideas for CanFEST II.

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #68 of 285
August sounds good to me since I hurt my back and would not have been able to come in April.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #69 of 285
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a little off topic but any Carolinians going to CanJam?

I'm tentatively planning to attend. I figure I might as well see how the big boys and girls do it as it will be my first. It should be good for contacts/networking in addition to giving me some additional ideas for CanFEST II.

I should make it out this year, am really looking forward to it.

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #70 of 285
I know of myself and two to three others from western NC that will be there.

Mar 21, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #73 of 285
Are you planning to return Sunday or Monday? I may also be going out Friday mid to late morning. I'm not sure when I will return yet. I have a sister in Chicago so I may stay an extra day and return Monday.

Mar 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #75 of 285
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you planning to return Sunday or Monday? I may also be going out Friday mid to late morning. I'm not sure when I will return yet. I have a sister in Chicago so I may stay an extra day and return Monday.

I'm planning to return Sunday, leaving Chicago sometime in the 6/8pm timeframe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back