The Carolina CanFEST 8/14/10
Mar 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #76 of 285
I have a list of food places to hit while in Chicago if anyone else wants in on it.
smily_headphones1.gif

As far as BBQ goes NC sure is the place to get it. Also if anyone is going up from TN maybe they could bring some ribs form Corkey's. They're great! We have some shipped for the superbowl some years. Thats high praise form a NC native. Link --> Shopping Home

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #79 of 285
i'm down. i'll bring some gear - zana deux and whatever other changes i make to my system by then.

i'll will also be buying beer/rounds/food? if someone could resolder something for me. as i didn't do a very good job at it.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #81 of 285
I can not wait to come! I will hold out until the meet so I can make some decisions about what to buy. Does anyone (DannyB? DruBrew?) have any idea about what gear might be there? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #82 of 285
Glad to have you join us. Regarding the gear, I will soon be compiling a list which will be displayed on the first post of this thread along with those who will be planning to attend. Both lists will be updated periodically. Judging from last year we should have a wide variety of headphone gear. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #83 of 285
Thanks for doing this DannyB. I am particularly interested in the Beyerdynamic DT880 & 990 600 ohm versions and the HiFiMan He-5, the RS-1 and possibly some Woo audio amps or little dots.
My limited experience with quality headphones consists of my Sennheiser HD570, which sound okay, but are super comfortable. I am planning on building a Cmoy and maybe a millet minimax this summer. If I am done with the minimax, I will bring it along.
I am torn on buying an amp or trying the DIY thing, so I am interested in hearing some comparisons.
August can't get here fast enough.

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #84 of 285
I am in the process of trying to have the Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic reps join us and display at the meet. Regarding building an amp or buying one, I am not a current DIYer but there is great pride in making your own. I dabbled a little bit in the past with a soldering iron but I kept burning myself as I was always confused as to which end to hold in my hand.

You should have a nice opportunity to talk with several DIYers and professional manufacturers such as Ray Samuels and Billy Wright (CARY Audio) and several others. It should be a great time to meet with these people and share your thoughts with them. They are very approachable.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #85 of 285
My wife and I are coming. She has become quite the headphone aficionado, which makes me happy beyond anything. Our anniversary is Aug 20th (16 years wow) and we are going to make this our anniversary trip. What more could a guy ask for.

Probably won't be bringing much, except the Bijou and some various headphones. Can't wait for this, as I am originally from NC (Raleigh) and all of my family is in NC. So we are going to make this a cool trip and go to Raleigh after the meet.

Important question, is the BBQ in Charlotte eastern NC BBQ (with the vinegar type sauce or is it like TN BBQ with the red sauce)? That is very important to this fat man...... lol. I love me some easter NC BBQ. Oh now my mouth is watering. Have literally made trips to Raleigh just for BBQ.

Can't wait for this one. We are going to Can Jam also since I love Chicago, but NC just feels like home.

I am far away but any help I can provide let me know.

Chris and Karen Junkin

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #86 of 285
"Important question, is the BBQ in Charlotte eastern NC BBQ (with the vinegar type sauce or is it like TN BBQ with the red sauce)?"

Both. You just have to know where to go to get them.

We, in Charlotte, are honored that you and your lovely wife will be sharing your anniversary trip with us. Ya'll either really dedicated to the world of headphones or just plain nutz.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #88 of 285
An 8 AM start time on a Saturday? Really? That seems awfully early.

Sort of thinking about traveling out for this meet, not sure yet though. Will want to wait and see what other meets around the country are going to be planned during the summer. If no other interesting geographic locations have a meet planned, I might make it out.

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #90 of 285
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Important question, is the BBQ in Charlotte eastern NC BBQ (with the vinegar type sauce or is it like TN BBQ with the red sauce)? That is very important to this fat man...... lol. I love me some easter NC BBQ. Oh now my mouth is watering. Have literally made trips to Raleigh just for BBQ.

Can't wait for this one. We are going to Can Jam also since I love Chicago, but NC just feels like home.

Chris, hope to see you there. I always make a plan to stop for BBQ in Lexington on the way from Raleigh to Charlotte. Love to get the vinegar based BBQ there. NC definitely has some amazing perks weather/vacation/food wise. I hear Chicago has some decent food as well, looking forward to the meals at CanJam.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back