The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Jun 23, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #1,247 of 1,323
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #1,249 of 1,323
Okay. I only wanted to know the difference between the T50p and DT1350 becuase I can get the T50p for a decent price.

Sorry for the late response. Had both, couldn't offload the T50p fast enough, still have the 1350. The T50p suffered from a number of issues - the lack of adjustment in the headband (if you had a small head they wouldn't stay in place), overly treble tilted (so poor for commuting/loud environments), pads compressed very quickly (so minor ear pain). I understand they've tried to address all these issues with the T51 and dropped the T50p some years ago. In comparison the 1350 has an extremely adjustable head band, is more consistent from top to bottom (there was an issue with early models that didn't test consistently - some were bottom heavy), pads are thicker and larger. The minus? Clamp. Wearing an earring is impossible if its a stud. Max duration probably 90 mins tops. An extremely good commuting headphone.

The T50p was effectively a retail beta - feedback clearly led to the 1350 and 51 for the DJ and consumer markets respectively.

regards,

Giles

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,250 of 1,323
I never really post much about gear and am generally suspect of lots of commercial audio , especially hyped headphones that are expensive.

That said these headphones I.ve had for 3 years now and continue to impress me and have served me reliably well. Hard to imagine a better portable headphone for my needs and wants.

Just my 2 cent, unsolicited endorsement.

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,252 of 1,323
Actually one complaint I have is no removable cable.
Additionally, the current propriety cable makes a lot of noise if you bump it.
This is especially easy to do if you are using them for monitoring purposes as they are advertised to be used for.

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #1,253 of 1,323
DT1350 (NL pads) EQ curve for perfection
dt1350-nl-pads-fr-30khz.png

Screenshot (227).png

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,255 of 1,323
Sad! The reason I didn't get them was due to discomfort. But I loved the sound and have always had an eye on getting a pair if/when they came on sale. Probably won't be easy now though :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #1,256 of 1,323
These seem to be discontinued, removed from official site & my usual vendors. Curious to see what they replace them with other than the Aventho wired.

Shame - I always thought they were superior in many ways to their main competitor - the HD25. I guess the nostalgia and love affair people have with the HD25 keeps the sales ticking over, and it was going to be difficult ground for Beyer to break.

Nevertheless there should still be some dealers out there with some stocks left over - a tip, if you still want them then look at pro-audio dealers as these were marketed as a pro-audio monitoring solution, and Beyer has often kept the pro-audio range and consumer audio range apart in terms of which dealers get which range.

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,257 of 1,323
I heard quite a bit of hype over the Koss PortaPro portable headphone. Since it's very reasonably priced I decided to order a pair. They arrived today and I'm having a listen right now. Although they look and feel pretty cheap I must say the sound really blows my mind as to how much they remind me of the DT1350, which I own. Comparing them the PortaPro is a bit more forward sounding and has punchier bass than the DT1350. I now understand the enthusiasm for these headphones.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1,259 of 1,323
Shame - I always thought they were superior in many ways to their main competitor - the HD25. I guess the nostalgia and love affair people have with the HD25 keeps the sales ticking over, and it was going to be difficult ground for Beyer to break.

Nevertheless there should still be some dealers out there with some stocks left over - a tip, if you still want them then look at pro-audio dealers as these were marketed as a pro-audio monitoring solution, and Beyer has often kept the pro-audio range and consumer audio range apart in terms of which dealers get which range.

I share your sentiment. Went through a couple of HD25's before getting the DT1350 two years ago. DT's were miles better, for me at least. Just sent them in for rma repair (left driver went out). Hopefully I'll receive a semi-fresh pair which will last me a couple of years.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #1,260 of 1,323
Still have my Irish-made HD25-1-II here from many years ago. I have been loving my DT1350 since I got them a few years ago, as well as my T50p, they each have their strengths and weaknesses versus each other and end up more or less on par with each other.
I'm not selling any of the three, they all rule.
And all are pimped with modifications that make their already great sound even better, aw yeah.

HD25 scales much more with better gear than the Beyers do, though, but since I use it almost exclusively with portable gear, I don't push its drivers to their max fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back