The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Dec 19, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,097 of 1,323
Hoping someone can help. I am totally addicted to the speed on my he400i,especially in the bass. I listen to a lot of prog metal and such and the 400i decay is very quick, clearly placing each sound in one spot for its moment and then quickly moving onto the next. Fast, tight, great detail. I understand that is a strength of orthos, but I have read the dt1350 is also a fast headphone. Is this true? Is anyone able to compare the dt1350 with he400i from listening experience? Thanks!

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,099 of 1,323
Does anyone know of a full size headphone that has a very similar sound signature to the dt1350? Dt1350 really hits the sweet spot in terms of sound signature, but comfort and soundstage don't quite cut it for me. any recommendations welcome

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #1,100 of 1,323
  Does anyone know of a full size headphone that has a very similar sound signature to the dt1350? Dt1350 really hits the sweet spot in terms of sound signature, but comfort and soundstage don't quite cut it for me. any recommendations welcome

Similar but better IMO:

dt880 dt880dt880.........

!!!!!

beyersmile.png

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,101 of 1,323

Actually I felt the same way as you and got a Yamaha hph mt220 and it succeeds quite well in the terms you`ve requested.

I needed a closed headphone though.

Other than that the dt880 is it.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #1,102 of 1,323

You know I have asked that question as well and I haven't heard a decent reply to it.   It's a unique sound signature that I absolutely love as one of my on-the-go selections but also as my choice for my bedside pre-bedtime phone.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,103 of 1,323

I've searched around but haven't heard anything that sounds the same and I've been through pretty much the entire beyer lineup too.

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,104 of 1,323

The closest I've heard is a well amped T5p.  Its not a perfect match, but close.  The T5p is a bit weak in sub bass, till you throw a good amp at it.  

Just don't buy it blindly, its a polarizing headphone.  Audition first...

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #1,105 of 1,323

The closest I've heard is a well amped T5p.  Its not a perfect match, but close.  The T5p is a bit weak in sub bass, till you throw a good amp at it.  

Good analogy.

Between the t5p , dt1350 , dt880 and implicit inherent compromises etc,
Get  a T1 and a great amp and..............

IMO.

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #1,106 of 1,323
  You know I have asked that question as well and I haven't heard a decent reply to it.   It's a unique sound signature that I absolutely love as one of my on-the-go selections but also as my choice for my bedside pre-bedtime phone.

I think that question comes up on a quite regular schedule... unfortunately it's still without an answer, at least when limiting to mobile (but maybe bigger) and closed models. I don't know of any model that would fit this spec sheet...

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,107 of 1,323

+1

My search for a full sized DT1350 lead me to the T5p.  I didn't like it when I first got it, but now I love it.  The T5p has good sub-bass (not weak on my pair), yet it is not of the quality or quantity of the DT1350.

I think that question comes up on a quite regular schedule... unfortunately it's still without an answer, at least when limiting to mobile (but maybe bigger) and closed models. I don't know of any model that would fit this spec sheet...

Yeah, nothing out there is exactly the same as a DT1350.  The T5p is a good match in the mids and highs...the Denon\Fostex models have similar bass, but the sub-bass of the DT1350 is still tighter and it goes deeper.   From the stuff I've heard, the closest models to a DT1350 in a full size are the T5p (a good model) and/or the THX00.  When I listen to my T5p and my Fostex I think, "yeah, this is almost the same as the DT1350".   But when I put the DT1350 on again (and the soundstage shrinks to next to nothing and the comfort goes to hell) I realize that nothing sounds quite the same.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #1,108 of 1,323
Wow, thanks for all the great responses. I suppose the size of the dt1350 probably has a lot to do with its sound signature and sub bass control/extension, that is harder to recreate in a full sized pair.

Would any planar magnetic cans be comparable, in terms of flat bass/mids and sub bass extension?

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #1,110 of 1,323
  Hi, I dropped my pair the other day and the drivers popped out. How do I get them back in? Do they snap in or do I have to glue them in?

They snap in. That must have been some drop!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back