The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Nov 5, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,066 of 1,323
Mine is definitely 80 ohms.I`ve never heard of a 32 ohm version.
I seem to recall my old t50p was 32 ohms though.

EDIT: I personally believe this headphone is easier to drive than the 80 ohms indicate.

Volume-wise yes. But 1350's do sound fuller with higher power amps. If I remember right, they could take in up to 200mW which is quite high for a dynamic driver

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,067 of 1,323
Hi guys, I'm an happy owner of dt1350 from 2 years ago thanks to @plakat
that recommend this headphones to me. I love them in terms of sound, the only things that makes me not fully satisfied is the comfort, specially when I wear them for long time; have anyone the same problem? there is a way to solved it?

I read there are velour earpads and 67mm pads, but I think them only mitigate the problem, any experience? thnks

How about bending the yokes in? Top part of my ears are a bit more outward than the bottom so I bent the yokes to follow that angle. It used to be that I get fatigue only on the tops of my ears . After bending, pressure seems to be better distributed.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,068 of 1,323
Volume-wise yes. But 1350's do sound fuller with higher power amps. If I remember right, they could take in up to 200mW which is quite high for a dynamic driver

Right.

The original question was specifically regarding the FiiO e17k.
My perspective was on the e17( which I own) colors the sound of the dt1350 in my opinion.

I realize I am not the norm but I do not subscribe to notion that amping and fullness necessarily improves the sound.
Thus I still would recommend an audition with the e17k before purchase.

I don`t feel it improves the dt1350 sound at all from my Macbook Pro.
It does IMO sound "warmer" and more "full" but not in a neutral way to my ears.
In fact I feel the effect promotes the impression of less natural detail.
Those looking for a psuedo-tube kind of signature might like this sort of thing and I do think it sounds good either way.

I personally prefer the sound of my nuforce icon hdp ( which is more powerful, neutral and detailed ) with the dt1350.

Despite this, I do actually enjoy the e17 paired with the e9k and my dt880 though.

smile.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,069 of 1,323

I bought the DT1350's specifically for portable use with my X5ii/E12a combination, as well as bedside listening through a Schiit Magni and love them under these applications. This evening I thought I'd give them a try on my main rig, Schiit Bifrost Über & Lake People G109S, which is where my HD650's and HE500's reside. A very good DAC and a powerful neutral amp made these Beyer's wail beautifully. These phones are amazing!

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #1,070 of 1,323
How about bending the yokes in? Top part of my ears are a bit more outward than the bottom so I bent the yokes to follow that angle. It used to be that I get fatigue only on the tops of my ears . After bending, pressure seems to be better distributed.

I have already tried but the problem remained. my project, maybe my dream, was to install over-ear pads because I mainly use them at home, but I don't know how to do yet

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #1,071 of 1,323
  I've heard there are 32ohm and 80ohm versions of these.

I've not heard of a 32Ohm variant of the DT1350, but there was such a thing with its non-professional brother T51p: that one started out with 80Ohm and was switched to 32Ohm rather soon as I remember. DT1350 is 80Ohm, but quite sensitive, so its not a problem using it with e.g. an iPhone.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,072 of 1,323
Well, snagged a pair. Love the construction and the clamp force is amazingly not too much for my fat head :p

Only a few hours in, need to do my usual overnight burn in but thus far, I'm impressed, I think I have a new favorite set of portables.
Thanks for all the input/responses!

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,074 of 1,323
Congratulations on your purchase, @KipFox -- enjoy!

Its the set I own longest...

+1....I compared them to the Sennheiser Amperiors, but the 1350s have easily remained my top portable - and one of my favorite headphones overall - for over three years. Still sound great.

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,075 of 1,323

Congratulations on your purchase, @KipFox -- enjoy!
  Its the set I own longest...

+1....I compared them to the Sennheiser Amperiors, but the 1350s have easily remained my top portable - and one of my favorite headphones overall - for over three years. Still sound great.

+2

beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,076 of 1,323
So I am just going to leave it here...

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,077 of 1,323
  So I am just going to leave it here...

Saw that. Same price as on massdrop at the moment. If they were more comfy for me, I'd snag them for that price in a second.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #1,078 of 1,323
Rebought a pair of DT 1350s. I've owned these a few times and now they're staying with me for good. Love their unique, detailed sound. A very special headphone indeed, glad they're still getting some love. Cheers!

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,079 of 1,323
Rebought a pair of DT 1350s. I've owned these a few times and now they're staying with me for good. Love their unique, detailed sound. A very special headphone indeed, glad they're still getting some love. Cheers!

Hey bro...welcome back!

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #1,080 of 1,323
Can anyone help me with my dt 1350. I just bought a used but rated as Excellent condition pair and everything looks great except for one thing.  The ear cups won't swivel 90 degree either way.  I called Beyer's customer service and they were baffled as well.  Has anyone experienced this before and know what the fix is?

thanks for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back