The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Sep 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #604 of 1,049
  That was me, I quickly deleted it. I just glanced over the email and saw an "expected delivery date" and didn't read through to see it said 2-4 months. My bad.

Ahhhh no worries. I'm ready for the long haul anyways 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #605 of 1,049
For a $27.80 bet, I say let it ride. Reading through this thread, it sounds like the DT-250 (250 ohms) are solid cans and you're going to want to shoot yourself if you cancel and Santa brings everyone else a killer deal. If you get the pads (and I think the odds are low of that happening), just return 'em.

I'm not planning on cancelling, especially since its $28 that I haven't even been charged yet (and won't be until it ships).  I'm just tired of waiting to find out if I'm going to get what I ordered.  Tell me know if I'm going to have my heart broken for the holidays 
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #606 of 1,049

I'm not planning on cancelling, especially since its $28 that I haven't even been charged yet (and won't be until it ships).  I'm just tired of waiting to find out if I'm going to get what I ordered.  Tell me know if I'm going to have my heart broken for the holidays 
wink.gif

Same. I also got that email.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #608 of 1,049
Disillusion, 

I'm sorry that my post have made you feel insecure; that's MY BAD, I don't mean to make anyone feel bad. 

Let me make some excuses.I was just making explicit the obvious difference between first-hand doers and outside-commentators. Opinions coming from the two different camps are, while both being valid as what they are, not the same thing. Lumping them together as the same type/level/class of opinions really doesn't help people formulate good decision, because accurately knowing how to read each -not just what to read about- helps making a better decision.That's my point. So nothing really fancy in my posts. Sorry if I made you feel you've been nitpicked by what I said...

Just because there's Goedel-Chaitin uncertainty theorem (i.e. mathematical proofs that perfect system cannot exist, including the mathematical system itself) doesn't mean we should never use math anymore. Just because Einstein's theory of relativity surpassed Newtonian physics (i.e. after passing certain light-years distance from the earth, Classical physics loses its theoretical predictability of the behavior of planets) doesn't make Newton's physics useless.Or, just because we "know" that the earth is round doesn't mean it's nonsense to think the land is flat, or just because the earth revolves around the sun doesn't mean we no longer observe how sun goes up and down  instead of we moving around it.

So, I don't think I'm saying anything against you. Like you consistently imply, there's not absolute truth, which also means the very idea of "individual difference" is also not absolute truth. For example, we all speak the same English and never confuse that with, say, Japanese. Individual variation exists within the boundary of English, but there's no individual difference in hearing Japanese as being English or vice versa. English and Japanese are much more different from one another than the individual difference within just English speakers. Juxtaposing the two type/level/class of difference as "equally different matter" introduces more errors than helping people make accurate decision about them, because we humans operate by opinions including one's own.

So, just because everything is just opinion, or no measurements are perfect, doesn't invalidate people's gut to draw insightful conclusions about the both dt250s. I personally take such gut being "central" matter in life, while in comparison critiquing some flaws contained within the same effort being indispensable yet "peripheral". 

People who spend time to share their listening experience -while acknowledging their imperfections- as everyone here does, have always-already subsumed the idea of "everything is just my opinion and measurements are never perfect" as constituent parts of their argument. Why single out the parts (i.e. subclass) and juxtapose them with the whole (i.e. superclass)? Confusions introduced by such erroneous juxtaposition never help anyone making good decisions, so it kinda motivated me to say something about it. Sorry again if I made you feel insecure in any way; I've been genuinely thinking about people who are taking interests in dt250s because I was once being one of those. I was luckily enough to be able to hear what donunus says about dt250s, and thought I add my own impression on the matter.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #609 of 1,049
I really don't understand why people read these threads in the first place if they don't care about subjective thought. I mean what are people here for if not for that? I think this is just a case where we are being trolled. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #610 of 1,049
@threefolds
When you say things like "beyond your imagination", "make you feel insecure" you are making certain assumptions about me which is IMO quite irrelevant to the rest of the discussion. When a person take such a "I know better than you" tone it almost never results in a positive reaction from the other party, and would probably just end up patronising each other. 

I don't think many people here will confuse between the "insider" "outsider" classes although there would probably be disagreement on how much merit can be given to the former over the latter. Within the former class there are conflicting opinions, useful and not-so-useful etc. As someone who have bought a FOTM and was disappointed by the purchase before, there are some opinions here (in the forum) which are just hype and noise to me. (Of course it doesn't mean the posters weren't trying to be helpful). As I stated in my first post in this thread, I just find that the noise to signal ratio too high in quite a few places, which is a shame really. Perhaps next time I will keep my opinion to myself, but I have indulged in some wishful thinking that I was being helpful, can't be a judge of that myself though.

@donunus
I posted in this thread partly because I have ordered the $27.80 one on Amazon. I got a shipping date estimate too but I am debating whether to cancel because I really have no need for another pair of headphones right now. If you feel I have been overly negative I think I was just talking myself out of an impulse purchase.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #611 of 1,049

@donunus
I posted in this thread partly because I have ordered the $27.80 one on Amazon. I got a shipping date estimate too but I am debating whether to cancel because I really have no need for another pair of headphones right now. If you feel I have been overly negative I think I was just talking myself out of an impulse purchase.

ahh I understand. Anyway, don't worry because if those are genuine dt250-250s, you are in for a treat! Especially for the crazy low price you are paying.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #612 of 1,049
So back to the bass thing with these headphones, is the bass of these hits really light? Or more like a strong hitting bass open cans? I'm more worried it'll be bass light like a pair of ad700 which I had before. Also can the bass go low? Is the bass more mid bass or sub bass. I'm more into sub bass then a hard hitting mid bass.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #613 of 1,049
Oh, I got it disillusion.

I'm afraid I sensed you took "I know better than you" tone against many thread contributers by the owners of dt250s for the reason that you demonstrated the motive to tell us all to step back, when there's no potential dt250 owners in this thread who're blindly praising dt250s, as if you know better than them/us about making good decisions. 

That really motivated me to defend people who own(ed) both 80 and 250ohm and took time to share their impressions, because they are the meat of this thread and continue to remain part of main audiences in this thread against whom you (unknowingly, maybe) offered some warnings for objectivity (as someone who know well about it). So I took that as a sign that you're not fully aware of two classes of people existing here (i.e. only being aware of potential owner class), in fact I never thought people in this thread don't know about them until you show up.

Frankly, non of these were done strategically. But reading your previous post, you made me realize that I've been trapped in the loop of "never results in a positive reaction" all along. Real shame that I should learn to "step back"...
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #614 of 1,049
soundeffect, are you talking about 80ohm or 250ohm ver. of dt250?

Considering dt250s by themselves:
Whichever the case may be, neither has strong, punchy bass. They're more like "right" amount/strength of bass.
There's slightest whisper of base leaning toward light than toward heavy, then again it is never light in itself. Bottom line, these cans are for smooth tonality heading toward neutrality, so no special emphasis is really given to any frequency range.

Considering dt250s compared to ath-ad700:
But, dt250s got stronger bass than ad700 for sure. Plus, since the ad700 is open can, bass-punch is also stronger in dt250s. Not only that, overall sound quality will significantly improve if ad700 is where you're coming from! Both 80ohm and 250ohm can show improvement from ad700, though I strongly recommend 250 ohms, like many others in this thread.

I hear sub-base better in 250ohms than in 80ohms. 80 ohms has slightly strong/bloated mid-bass relative to 250 ohms, so judging from what you write, I don't think you want 80 ohms ver. of dt250. While Dt250s are not necessarily entitled to be a powerful phones, it is nevertheless overall powerful if compared to ad700, because ad700 tend to be energetically thin but never so in dt250s. 

Oh yeah, very important thing to remind you (in case it wasn't obvious to you already) open-can and closed-can can sound very different, so adding that into equation may help you read what we mean about dt250s.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #615 of 1,049
actually I have the HE500 and a few other headphones.  The one I'm planning to replace these with are the esw9's. maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit too much with the comment on the ad700, but basically I don't want it to be too weak. I'm not really looking for a heavy bass hitter, but I don't want them to be unnatural.  I'm hoping for a good movie watching headphone that are comfortable enough to use either late at night and also for inside hotels when traveling with others in the room.  I like the bass on the akg 65th anniv. and hoping that the DT250 (250 ohms) will be some what similar +/- to akg 65th in the bass department, but are closed.  The rest seems to be nice base on what others been describing. I see a lot of talk of comparison between the dt250 and hd650 which I never heard, :/ (one day).  If they sound balance, I believe I should be okay.   I'm preping myself for my next purchase after I sell off the HE400, shiit magni and modi, and the esw9's.  I'm looking into these and the MA900 and probably others(alpha dogs?) also once everything is in place when ever it is.  I hate selling stuff with the whole taking pictures and wordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back