1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by donunus, Feb 27, 2012.
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. dryvadeum

Okay thanks thanks for the input. Would you say the 80 ohm dt250 is more like the hd650? How's the sound stage? Are the differences between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm that stark?

2. Trance88
    Quote:

So, I'd hope that means the DT250-80 is also better.

3. donunus
    The dt250-80 is more musical and probably better overall for me but it may be a toss up for the majority since they are a little dark sounding. With the dt250-250, I would say that if they were playing at the same time with the 770LE I am willing to bet that the majority would choose the dt250-250

4. donunus
    Quote:
    The 80 ohm dt250 may even be a little darker than the hd650. The differences between 80 and 250ohm models are just as much as when comparing the hd600 and the hd650. The other difference though is that the 80 ohms bass tends to be a little muddy whereas the hd650 isn't muddier than the hd600.

5. dryvadeum

Does the 250 ohm version have good bass impact? Does it sound thin compared to the 80 ohm? I had the Soundmagic HP100 and thought they were boring and they they were very neutral so I'm worried the 250 ohm will be the same.

6. Deep Funk
    Quote:
    Sony headphones, especially MDR V-series and 750x-series can be very hit or miss.

My first headphone was a V6. Ever since spikey sounding headphones are big no no. The CD900 ST is more recommendable. Open headphones with a hint of extra treble are okay.

7. namaiki
    I found the Sony MDR-V6 to be painful to listen to - treble quite piercing.

The Beyer DT250-80s were my main headphones for ages. It's been a while since I used them, but I don't think they have that much in terms of soundstage or "wow" factor. They don't do anything particularly wrong, but they are a bit dark and lack sparkle in treble which I really like now. However, I could wear them for hours and really get into music without worrying or caring about anything.

I didn't really get along with the DT250-250 (which I bought afterwards since I liked the DT250-80 so much), but I didn't give them that much time either.

8. donunus
    Quote:
    the dt250-250 can sound thin if they are underpowered... or if coming straight from bass heavy cans but on their own they are fine. Bass is comparable in volume with hd600s.

9. Trance88
    Yikes. Sounds like I more than likely won't like the sound of the DT250-80 as I came from Audio Technica ATH-M50's which I consider to be a more neutral to slightly bright highs.

10. Cristello
    removed

11. dryvadeum

I'd be powering them with a Just Audio AHA 120 so that that should easily drive them. Would you describe the 250 ohm as lively?

12. donunus
    I have actually heard the Justaudio AHA120 with the dt250-250. It was a midcentric sounding pairing. I wouldn't characterize the beyer as a particularly lively headphone. I would put them in the bracket of headphones that I would call "composed". They are still slightly brighter than neutral in the lower treble but sound slightly dry in the topmost "air" region. This is a small caveat and is a smaller gripe than I have vs all the other closed headphones I have heard before I got them.

13. dryvadeum
    Quote:
    What about the 80 ohm variant? Would that be livelier?

14. Trance88
    I got my DT250 today. I opened em up and gave them a good listen for about 5 minutes and noticed the left ear is a lot boomier (looser bass) than the right ear. Ignoring the unbalanced bass, I really like the sound of them. Unfortunately, gotta ship em back and wait for another one to come. Gawd dammit!!! [​IMG]

15. namaiki
    Quote:
    aww, thats really too bad... what did you think of the general sound signature otherwise compared to your previous headphones?

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last