The Beyer DT150 Experience
Feb 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 114
I'd love to give these a go one day...ugly as sin from the pictures, but I am sure they have a heart of gold. ; )

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 114
very awesome for a hundred bucks these cans are
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #21 of 114
Hmmm the DT 150's... My first closed can, which I still own... For a closed can, these are the ones I keep, sure they don't look so nice, but they have a very open sound for being closed. Though I must say I am not the biggest fan of the sound, maybe because I just don't like closed cans in general, but compared to my current set-up, the DT's seems to be behind a bit. All in all though, these are one of the best closed cans, with excellent bass and good solid sound representation. It will always be with me, since I don't need any other closed cans, and well I can alway take it with me to the "gun range" so it just give me added benefits... lol
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #22 of 114
Jageur272 and MikePio, I agree with everything you said. Except for the gun range bit hehehe its not isolating enough for that
biggrin.gif

Not as seamless as my hd580 but I am not really looking for much more in a closed can... (after all the horror listening to all those other closed cans uuughh) These are all I need. Now I have closed can hunting crossed of my list and the next venture is to find the holy grail... Poor Wallet

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #24 of 114
I feel that way too. These are not as nuanced and refined as the 880s but I do enjoy them more. If the dt880s were only much less offensive in the highs...

And yah... I'm still gonna try the dt48 some day along with some t1s, hd800s, and he60/90 but thats gonna fill another need than this one.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #25 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel that way too. These are not as nuanced and refined as the 880s but I do enjoy them more. If the dt880s were only much less offensive in the highs...

And yah... I'm still gonna try the dt48 some day along with some t1s, hd800s, and he60/90 but thats gonna fill another need than this one.

Nice list.. I'd like the HD800/T1.. Then I saw the Oppo83SE.. Now I'm back to square one..

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #26 of 114
Your about a year late on the DT 150 buzz, but I owned them and on initial listen they were without compare. You can check my earlier posts to see how much I loved them. Unfortunately after about 70 days the lower frequencies more than overlapped ALL the mids and lower mids to the point I could no longer enjoy them.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #27 of 114
I noticed that the bass gets to be too much when you get a great seal so maybe that was due to the earpads shaping perfectly to your head after a while. I'm thinking of getting some velour pads to tackle this possible problem.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #28 of 114
donunus, well, I know you've been through alot of closed headphones, and have very exacting standards, so I feel a strong urge to try these. i'm glad you found what you were looking for.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #29 of 114
My standards for closed headphones are less than the open ones but I can definitely see where these might be not everyones cup of tea. The closed soundingness is already creeping in a bit which is why I want some velour pads. Still.... I like them better than other closed cans Ive tried
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #30 of 114
I like them a lot for closed cans too. I thought they were very well balanced as in nothing stuck out more than it should, or got in the way of anything else. They just bored me to death, not from being too warm, or not detailed enough or anything. I think it was the mids, lacked that liquid AKG type magic, very dry presentation, that's the only way I can describe it. Maybe it was just the fact that they're closed. I don't really ever like closed cans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back