1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Beyer DT150 Experience

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by donunus, Feb 16, 2010.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8
Next

Last
  1. donunus
    The beyer tank is more listenable to me than any grado but that is just due to personal taste. Grado rs1s are of course more detailed and better at a lot of things but the mids still annoy me because of their hyper forward nature... As for the beyer, almost everything about them is good enough for me to be my main headphones except for the glaring fault of the usual pleather pad sound. I am going to be getting the velour pads in a while and I hope the pleather pad sound goes away. I hope it becomes like my old k81dj which became much better sounding when the pads flaked away [​IMG]

2. phandrew
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Thanks phandrew.
    The DT250 (80 ohm) is a headphone that interests me, however leakage is an issue for my needs as well, so are they reasonable in that respect? I do not want to hijack the DT150 thread, so I will stop there.

The DT250 have minimal leakage for sound. I used the DT250 for a long time as my portable headphones before i got the TF10.

3. pacmantravis
  4. leeperry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pacmantravis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Looks like the DT150s are used at Abbey Road [..]
    They must be doing something right.

..or not: End for Abbey Road? EMI puts Beatles' studios up for sale [​IMG]
    Quote:

Abbey Road is no longer the unrivalled resource it once was

5. donunus
    Update... I tightened the fit and my fluctuating sound problems due to a bad seal is fixed... Now to see what the velour pads do. For now I'm listening to Dying Fetus "Destroy the Opposition" album and its kicking major booty \m/

6. mr.khali

Quote:

How did the velour pads change the sound.  I recently purchased a used pair again because I missed their unique sound but although I love their sound if i could get more midrange I would be very happy!

7. donunus

Quote:

The mids become a totally different story with the velour pads on. I like them much more overall than hd580s now with the velours.

8. donunus

Quote:

The velour pads put the mids forward(more mids) and lost most of the cavelike sound that people call soundstage these days. To me, making headphones further from the ears dont create a realistic soundstage, all they do is give you a veil of air from the sound giving the impression of a "hall" effect.

With my d2000s before, using the jmoney pads made the sound hideous and hollow because of the big distance from the drivers to the ears. All that leather it has to bounce around before getting to your ears give some huge colorations to the sound.

9. MrJohnny
    would u say these are better then Sony Mdr xb 700s?

10. Drubbing
    I'm wondering how much different these are from my DT100 - 400 ohm. The sig described in the OP sounds very similar. As are the lack of looks.

I have the DT250 too, and the 100 has a nicer bottom end and midrange, without as much treble roll off. Has a bit of sparkle for a closed phone. Must say the DT250 is my most listenable phnoe though. Even leaves my RS2 mostly unloved.

I'd like to get any links for velour pads for the 100 if any has them. My local heaphone guy says beyer don't make them, and he's asked. There's no velour pads sold on beyers site either.

11. Tiemen

Quote:

The DT150 has more (mid)bass than the DT100. That's the main difference.
    DT100 is also a little more upbeat, slightly more PRaT, probably due to the lighter bass.
    You can buy the DT100 velour pads from online retailers.
    I bought mine at Thomann.de.

12. Tiemen

Quote:

Yes.

13. joelpearce

Quote:

I've heard the XB-500, and they are not anywhere close.  I have a student who loves his XB-500, and when he heard my DT-150s he almost cried because they are that much better.

I know the 700s are supposed to be better than that, but my guess is the Beyers would easily come out on top.

14. donunus
    Thanks again for the favor you did me tiemen. These cans with these pads on are very satisfying for me. They have made me post less and enjoy the music more.

15. Drubbing

Quote:

Anyone know anyone that will ship to Australia. Thomann don't.

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8
Next

Last