The Better Headphone for EDM... Denon D5000 or Denon D7000?
Aug 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

y3llowassassin

Head-Fier
Hi I want to upgrade my Ultrasone Pro 900 to a Denon phone. I've been researching and I've been getting a lot of differences between these two phones on genres of music that aren't EDM. I just wanna know which of the two would produce the better sound for EDM like dubstep, house, trance, glitch, etc. (cuz i hear denon d5k have more bass). Oh, also if you have any other recommendations on better headphones at EDM than Ultrasone Pro 900 please inform me! :)
EDIT: I will be running these headphones through an Audinst HUD-MX1 until I have enough money to upgrade the amp

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 15
Have you eve tried any of the Editions? The 7/9 are far superior soundwise to the pro anything....and they are very good IMHO...

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 15
The D7000 is out of your price range then, unless used...It is not cheap at all...You can get probasbly a used Edition 9 for around that same price of a D7000, and you will keep the same signature...if you like it...

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #6 of 15
It is completely different from the rest of the Ultrasone line, I have owned several of them, as a side note, and have heard mainly all of them, let's say that you unveil a monster, removing a thick courtain from the sound, making it incredibly more detailed and rich, and in your face, you have to experience it for yourself, and nobody will believe, that the change in the design of the cups will make the drivers sound so incredibly different...
dt880smile.png

BTW brief me in what the hell EDM stands for???

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #8 of 15
I listen mainly clasic rock, heavy metal and fussion, jazz, etc...not sure but I feel that for some genres of heavy metal you may need more demanding heaphones, as the rhythm is faster, and a lot more congested, and the editions do that in spades!!!!

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 15
FWIW, I like my 900's much more than my d5k's. The 5k's sound crunchy to me (something in the low treble bugs me). I just don't pick them up often.

Between the 5k and the 7k, on the pairs I heard (and it sure sounds highly variable), the 7k had more bass. The Denon's have more of a sub-bass sound and less hit/attack than the Pro900's which are more mid-bass oriented.

Sadly there's not a whole lot of "upgrades" from the 900's. LCD-2, but it has a ton of mids, but nice bass. LCD-3 is a tad brighter. TH-900 sounds like a great bass head can, but isa ton of cash. HE-500 also sound pretty good.

HTH

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #10 of 15
hmm ya lcd 2 is definitely a consideration. Idk i just wanted to try something a bit different. on the denon's is the sub bass like actually good? After listening to dubstep on actual subwoofers I've given up on trying to get enough sub bass on headphones.

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #11 of 15
Really depends.. I had a pro 900 and i really enjoyed edm music on it. I changed to lcd 2 and a d5000.. Never looked back to be honest :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
Ya I am gonna save up for lcd 2's. I kinda wanna try Denon's at some point tho

The denons handle dance music so damn well. Their bass impact/response is matched by few. I do not think you would be disappointed in electronic music with them, they can really pump it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back