The best of both worlds, the iTunes interface with foobar as a backend.
Jul 12, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #61 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268
Anybody know when a Multi-Plugin release that supports Foobar 0.9.1 will be out?

I'm curious about this, too.

Jul 28, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #62 of 112
hi guyz,

first of all: thx for this great tool!!!!!!!!!

BUT: most of the time i does not work on my system. when i try to click the passthrough option in itunes, it says: foobar2000 is not installed (but it is). could this be a version or setting problem.

i was able to install it once (with an older foobar version), it worked though, but said something about .dll missing in the foobar engine.

btw, i use it with an airport express --> oehlbach optical cable --> marantz DAT --> nad --> b&w

a normal DAT d/a changer outruns the airport express in length for a much deeper sound quality and broader frequencies. i dont know how much the quality is improved with the plugin, but itunes has a ****** audio quality anyway. i also tried this configuration with a pb 12" (itunes only), and it sounded more flat (if this says anything to you).

ping me for any more questions!

thx so far,
zumo

Jul 28, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #63 of 112
As far as I know, the multi-plugin still does not support the current version of foobar. This is why it is telling you foobar is not installed. I had the same problem when I tired to upgrade to the new version. But, I refuse to give up the itunes interface or ALAC. So, if you want the old version of foobar that works with multi-plugin, send me a pm with your e-mail addy and I will send it along.

Sep 16, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #64 of 112
Sep 20, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #67 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by wush
The new version is out and I'm using it with iTunes 7 + Foobar 0.9.3.1. great job by the developer.

How is the updated version of itunes? I haven't updated mine yet and wondering if it is buggy. Sometimes I don;t bother updating it after one version I updated to was buggy as hell.

I am still on version 6.05.20

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #68 of 112
Anyone have experience with both this plugin for foobar passthrough and fooTunes? Just wondering which solution is the most elegant. So far fooTunes has worked very well, but it is a bit laggy, so was just wondering if this is better...

I'm using fooBar .9 and iTunes 6, keeping well away from the buggy pos that version 7 appears to be at the moment.

EDITED: to clarify.

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #69 of 112
I installed this when the itunes 7 version was posted a few days ago. I ended up uninstalling it because it completely messed up itunes and my entire machine. Since uninstalling and reinstalling without the plugin itunes 7.0 has functioned perfectly. Anyone else have problems with this?

I would love to install it and try to run through foobar, but not at the expense of reasonable functionality.

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #70 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
How is the updated version of itunes? I haven't updated mine yet and wondering if it is buggy. Sometimes I don;t bother updating it after one version I updated to was buggy as hell.

I am still on version 6.05.20

I really like it.

The new views are nice. CoverFlow is flashy but I prefer the hybrid view along with the genre, artist, album browser.
The modified skin is nicer to my eyes.
I didn't try the automatic album art grabber as I don't have an iTunes account and all of my files have art already.
The iPod section is better organised, with a nice graphical represetation of space and type of content.

I was pretty much a Winamp user but I have now switched fully to iTunes. The UI is so much nicer to use with a large library and this plugin ensures the sound quality is perfect.

I haven't had any issues with iTunes so I don't know what to say about bugs/stability (Windows version).

Sep 21, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #71 of 112
I got it working too. I had to copy the registry keys from hkey local machine- software- foobar to hkey current user- software- foobar to get itunes to recognize that foobar was installed.

Then I only got silence, so I closed both- re-opened itunes unchecked foobar passthrough, played a song through itunes, changed preferences to allow passthrough (while song was playing) and it asked me if I wanted to save the previous dll's to which I answered "no." Now it plays- what do you know.

Thats one messed up installation, but I guess I am listening to foobar 0.93 via itunes 7.0 now. Maybe that second part had to do with something I did.

Edit- I think the second part was only necessary because I had foobar open when I enabled it in itunes.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #72 of 112
Hmm...

thanks to nfusion770's helpful registry tips I got iTunes 6.0.5 to recognise that foobar is installed. But I can't get past the silence every time I try to select foobar passthrough. Bah! Was this version of multi-plugin (2.3) only designed for foobar .8? Anybody know of a workaround? Or should I just go and get foobar .8?

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #73 of 112
The registry instructions are from the foobar board (or a foobar board).

I had the silence too- you cant have them both open at the same time. Close both itunes and foobar and re-open itunes. Select the pass through- it should work. If it doesnt try doing it while playing a song. At some point it should ask you if you want to save the dll files. If it was working select yes, if it wasnt select no. Some of this may be placebo, but somehow this has worked for me twice.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #74 of 112
I did all of that but never got the message about dlls.
frown.gif

Trying to sort out foobar 8.3 and whatever version of the asio component i need for it to see if that works...

Thanks for your help though- glad it's working for you!

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #75 of 112
my head is spinning. are they going to create an installer with a passthrough for dummies? i'm not going the itunes 7 route until they do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back