The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
Apr 12, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #17 of 45
For 209 you can have the Beyer DT770 premium 32 or 80 ohm from proaudiostar.com free shipping and no tax (and they are a magnificent can). PS. Headroom has HUGE prices... Just say'n...

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #18 of 45

Quote:
I voted for beats!

mad.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #19 of 45
For $2 you can have the Mini-Headphones over at parts-express that everybody uses to mod their KSC75s. Now that's a deal, cheap headphones... and future modding!

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #20 of 45

Quote:
lol...you must be kidding. 

The ultrasones beat the "Beats" in every aspect. If you want only LOOKS and no Sq. choose the beats. 

I second this, My Pro 650's have BASS!

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #21 of 45
To the OP I suggest you do a little research and do your best not to fall into the Monster hyper machine that's already devoured so many others.

Just decide what sound signature you're after and starting scouring though all of those threads, then decide on what you want to get.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 45

Quote:
For those of you who prefer other headphones what would get me the most bang for my buck? like around beats price or less? For me quality > looks

Ultrasone HFI-580 ORRR I'm putting my reputation and 1500 posts on the line, the Skull candy aviators. IMO HFI-580>Aviators>PortaPro>KSC75>Beats<Senn PS45

no love for the beats AT ALL, the HFI-580 are killer cans for bass, and have one of the biggest sound stages for a closed can. The aviators were a shock to say the least and blew the beats in half.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #23 of 45
You are going to get a ton of headphone recommendations if you go by this thread. In the future, I would suggest you search the forums a little more before making a post like this. Dre Beats and Bose tend to be looked down upon a lot here. Their sound quality, while better than your normal headphones, are very very overpriced for the sound quality they give you. I would probably say the Sony MDR XB-500 or XB-700 would be a good place to start for you as they are quite inexpensive and sound better than the Beats. But again, in your price range, there are a lot of headphones to choose from. Please try and search through the forums a bit and see what sound signatures you might like in your price range. Once you have narrowed it down to a few and if you still cannot decide between those, you can come make a thread about it.

These threads that compare other headphones to Beats never really get anywhere and tends to go in cirlces. No offense to the OP or anyone else, but shouldn't we consider just stopping this here?

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #24 of 45
Let me put it this way... If you're the kind of person who drives around with the bass so loud you can barely hear the music but the glass in the houses you drive by rattles... Then go with Beats.

If, however, you actually care about audio quality, BUY ANYTHING ELSE.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #25 of 45
If you need prescription strength sound quality, trust Beats by Dre.  He is a doctor after all.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #26 of 45
Quote:
If you need prescription strength sound quality, trust Beats by Dre.  He is a doctor after all.

OMG, I just loved that quote
biggrin.gif

Somehow makes me think that Beats might make friends with iPhone 4 and such
tongue.gif
After all, no one said they were utter crap, only MEGA overpriced and with dubious styling.

EDIT: @afrobat: Agreed. Over and out.

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #28 of 45
Turk, I do hope you are not a troll, which I think you are not, but it's just so odd to see someone on this forum actually talking about the beats in such a a light. Not to say they are utterly terrible, and Monster actually does make some great products(look at their non-liscenced IEMs), but you can do far better than the beats. That link you got with the 70+ headphones is probably your best starting point. I'd say check out the Audiotechnica M50, some of the ultrasone models, the Beyer dt770, the Denon D2000, etc.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #29 of 45

Quote:
Who are the two people that voted for beats???  Get out!  Just get out!  Grrrr...

i voted for the Beats. Why you ask? I did it for teh lulz.

Quote:

Bahahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back