The Basshead Club
May 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #2,071 of 11,286
THE Best EDM headphone is the PRO900 (with XB700 earpads :D) I know it is nowhere near the same price but still :wink:

XB500 is the best for EDM imo, I love mine. Unfortunately its not good for much else :p

May 24, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #2,072 of 11,286
Quote:
XB500 is the best for EDM imo, I love mine. Unfortunately its not good for much else :p

Yea the XB series is like that, good for one thing really
Quote:
THE Best EDM headphone is the PRO900 (with XB700 earpads
biggrin.gif
) I know it is nowhere near the same price but still
wink.gif

.. :D I got Xb700, an upgrade to Pro 900 might be pretty sick ^^ if I hybridize the two 

May 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #2,074 of 11,286
I think there is a newer version of the jvc's called the fx-101 at a lower price which maintakns the monstrous bassy soun, but is cleaner everywhere else. Its called the fx-101 and it is part of the extreme xplosives series.I would recommend it if you want bettr sound .

May 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #2,075 of 11,286
I've learned that there exists to much bass... I've got some Nujabes that is wonderfully masterd and if I use a Bass Boost Amp... it kills the song and makes it boxy! Never thought I'd ever complain about to much bass ^^

May 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #2,076 of 11,286
Quote:

That's no consolation at all, bro! You're actually pushing me toward an even more expensive product! 
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, my HFI 580 is also bordering on sibilant and fatiguing with the highs. I think this could be a problem with most of their cans. I can live with them as I can always EQ down the treble. But higher end Ultrasones? No way! 
frown.gif

I agree. I'm not impressed by the bass levels of the HD25-1. It's tight and compact, but lacks quantity. I did a test between 3 supraural basshead cans the other day - PRO500MK2, TMA1 and HD 25-1 - and found the latter the least satisfying.

But as overall headphone? I can boost the bass with eQu/amp. I'm just looking for a good headphone, for home, portable (the hd25, 580 looks silly for outdoor wear..) would be nice, not needed.
Most sound quality satisfying headphone...

May 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #2,077 of 11,286
Quote:
I've learned that there exists to much bass... I've got some Nujabes that is wonderfully masterd and if I use a Bass Boost Amp... it kills the song and makes it boxy! Never thought I'd ever complain about to much bass ^^

Nujabes.. is he that Japanese hip hip producer? The one time I complained about too much bass is if I EQ my Cowon Z2 / iPod Touch + ZO2.3 at red with lower bitrate files. Ouch.. the bass just sounds messy.

Quote:
But as overall headphone? I can boost the bass with eQu/amp. I'm just looking for a good headphone, for home, portable (the hd25, 580 looks silly for outdoor wear..) would be nice, not needed.
Most sound quality satisfying headphone...

What are you comparing? If it's amongst the TMA-1, PRO500MK2 and HD25-1, I'd say go for the HD25-1. They are less bassy, but have a less recessed midrange than the aforementioned 2. If you're a basshead, go for the PRO500MK2.

If you're also considering the HFI 580, then, there's no contest. Go with the Ultrasones, unless you're looking for portable, supraaural cans. :)

May 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #2,078 of 11,286
Quote:
@Trae,

Hi, sorry it took so long to reply... I didn't know how long MP4Nation (I guess it came by way of their new US site via Amazon?) would take to send me an L7, and I didn't want you or anyone waiting around for news of a review.

However, I recieved the FiiO L7 today, and i'll pair up the E17 to the E11 and put up a short review for everyone. I hope it helps folks get a feel for how it would sound (and I hope it sounds good!) Anyhow, I'm off to go start listening and taking notes...

Hey, no problem about the reply. Thanks for getting the L7 and putting up a review for us! Don't forget about the LO Bypass on the side of the E17. I'm eager to hear your impressions. 
basshead.gif

May 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #2,079 of 11,286
Quote:

Hey, no problem about the reply. Thanks for getting the L7 and putting up a review for us! Don't forget about the LO Bypass on the side of the E17. I'm eager to hear your impressions. 
basshead.gif

I'm actually kind of glad you asked; otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten the L7. Needless to say, I'm a bit surprised and enjoying the sound of the E11 out of the E17 LO w LO bypass already... I wish I had some nicer amps to play with also, besides just the XM4 (portable) and Bravo (tube 6922)...

Guess everyone's right about the E17 also, it gets better and better over time. It sounds better than when it arrived, and I'm sure it will sound better later. My E11 is burned in by quite a large margin and sounds much better than the amp section of the somewhat new E17.

I'll keep listening and do some real impressions as soon as I can.

May 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #2,081 of 11,286
Quote:
Personally I like my crossfades better for EDM than the xb500's I auditioned. Both with and without EQing. I can get some insane levels of sub bass out of these lol 
basshead.gif

Both LP & LP2 are pretty much (in)famous for their huge bass quantity. Although I have not personally auditioned the original Crossfade LP, I have an LP2 on the way and I can't wait to hear how they sound. :)

May 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #2,082 of 11,286
Quote:

I agree. I'm not impressed by the bass levels of the HD25-1. It's tight and compact, but lacks quantity. I did a test between 3 supraural basshead cans the other day - PRO500MK2, TMA1 and HD 25-1 - and found the latter the least satisfying.

The thing with the HD25-1 is that it doesn't have a lot of bass non-eq:ed. But it can take as much eq:ing as you can take .. You could probably turn it into a hair drier it would keep asking for more bass.

May 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #2,083 of 11,286
Quote:
The thing with the HD25-1 is that it doesn't have a lot of bass non-eq:ed. But it can take as much eq:ing as you can take .. You could probably turn it into a hair drier it would keep asking for more bass.

I tested the HD25-1 with the ZO2.3 at red contour levels and I still didn't find it bassy enough. On the other hand, the TMA-1 and the PRO500MK2 delivered huge gobs of bass with the ZO2.3 on the same setting. Really loved the latter 2 cans. :)

Maybe I'm just really a huge basshead? 
confused_face.gif

May 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2,084 of 11,286
Quote:

I tested the HD25-1 with the ZO2.3 at red contour levels and I still didn't find it bassy enough. On the other hand, the TMA-1 and the PRO500MK2 delivered huge gobs of bass with the ZO2.3 on the same setting. Really loved the latter 2 cans. :)

confused_face.gif

+1

Me too. Mine are gone. Great for portability and isolation, but the sub-bass was lacking. 

May 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #2,085 of 11,286
Quote:

confused_face.gif

...or maybe those two are just extremely bassy? I've said it before, but my HD25-1 when EQ:ed properly, is more of a bass monster than my Pro 900 to be honest. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back