The Basshead Club
Dec 23, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #976 of 11,286
With the larger driver, the bass quantity might not be as great, but it will be able move and hold more air which should theoretically improve quality.

Quote:
I can't remember what it was that lead me off of the XB1000's, since I myself was curious what the top of the line XB would be like, but I've heard mixed things.

I do know that the bass was toned down a bit, which could be a con to bass-heads, but I think I would definately like something more like that, but thats just me. 

Considering its an XB, im sure theres still gonna be more bass than you even know what to do with anyway.

I heard that the highs were also improved and the dynamics and spaciousness were improved over the XB700, however ive never heard the xb700's so i wouldn't be able to see how well they were actually improved. 

I already know for a fact that the XB 500 does not disappoint in the bass area, but it was where it was improved in terms of comparison to the XB700 for certain types of music is what I originally asked. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #977 of 11,286
One of my buddies is the worst basshead ever. First he had the Sony XB700 and loved the bass. He used them with a Fiio E7 with the bass boost maxed out, but didn't like the mids or the highs. So he got a pair of Ultrasone Hfi-780 and liked their mids but they didn't have enough bass for him. I told him to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and he found a used pair at a good price. He liked them, but the bass still wasn't enough, so he bought a used pair of XB1000 from these forums - Now he's finally happy, the cans litterally bouncing on his head because of the  massive amounts of bass from those 70mm drivers. I haven't heard them myself yet, so I can't really comment on how the mids and highs are, but the XB1000 is very much a basshead can, no doubt about that.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #978 of 11,286
From what I understand the XB1000 is really the most 'balanced' (XB series, blanced, yeah) of the series. They also have the deepest most rumbly bass. As you go up the line you get less thump and more rumble. This seems like the differences in Low, Mid, and Hi-fi cans as well.

It really comes down to preference I would think. Do you like your head knocked off with impact, or do you want a subwoofer on your face? The choice is yours. I plan on owning a pair of XB1000s by the end of next year just for fun. I love the design.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #979 of 11,286

Quote:
One of my buddies is the worst basshead ever. First he had the Sony XB700 and loved the bass. He used them with a Fiio E7 with the bass boost maxed out, but didn't like the mids or the highs. So he got a pair of Ultrasone Hfi-780 and liked their mids but they didn't have enough bass for him. I told him to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and he found a used pair at a good price. He liked them, but the bass still wasn't enough, so he bought a used pair of XB1000 from these forums - Now he's finally happy, the cans litterally bouncing on his head because of the  massive amounts of bass from those 70mm drivers. I haven't heard them myself yet, so I can't really comment on how the mids and highs are, but the XB1000 is very much a basshead can, no doubt about that.

You might want to warn your friend about how high sound pressure levels can irreversibly damage his hearing...

...seriously, that's absurd, I get worried about own my hearing using moderate bass boost on my Shure SE215 
basshead.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #980 of 11,286
Am I qualified for this club?
I own ZO 2.2, my old XB20EX and XB1000.

I always use ZO on the 32nd step and after burn in with my XB1000s I am left to wonder if I could daisychain multiple ZOs in order to get exponential increase in bass. Thats how bad my addiction is.

But what is in your opinion of the ultimate bass king in IEMs? My XB20EXs driver is vibrating funnily when listening to bass heavy music... so any song in my case. I'm looking at the XB41EX as a replacement but I'm open to all suggestions in the 50€ price range (will use them mostly when cyckling, so nothing too fancy)

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #981 of 11,286
Sansa Fuze Custom Bass EQ set to 12 ( max )

Asked for the M31 from Mee instead of the better sounding, looking, and more comfortable M11+ just for the killer bass.
And listen to songs like these:
I have songs like these in my Fuze.

Do I pass?

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #988 of 11,286
wooooooow....dj magic mike brings back memories....DJ Magic Mike make the car go BOOOOOOOOOOOM!  I didnt really blast the bass in my car but had a MM disc in there to demo it.  There were notes you didnt hear as much as just felt in the small of your back.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #990 of 11,286
I tried getting the XB1000 but only found the XB700 which arrived today. OMG bass! I can't imagine after 30 hours of use. Compared to my other headphones, these are the Beats that Dre needs, his music sound better on this even without EQ on. Listening to Big L right now and some Mos Def...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back