The Basshead Club
Dec 24, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #991 of 11,286
I know man.... Magic Mike is some serious Old School... and some serious bass. Music that was literally made for bass and sub woofers
cool.gif

OK so I got my Monster Turbines and I'm having fit issues with the stock tips... I just cannot find a pair that fits, they are all either too tight or too loose or too deep (triple flanges)
Anyone have any ideas?

They sound much darker than my FXT90's (which I expected) but overall the sound is fine, but I just cannot get a good fit.
I usually use the medium tips with my earphones (or the 3-4 pairs I've owned anyway) but these are the first that I just cannot get a fit with... they are all too wide or too narrow.

Anyone?

Cheers.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #995 of 11,286

Quote:
Have you tried to ear clips or wearing them around your ear ? You can also try the tips from your other IEMs, they might fit

I prefer to wear them straight down to be honest.
I'll just have to purchase some more tips, I was just wondering which tips worked well with these and which would anyone recommend for someone who usually uses medium stock tips?

The only other sets I have right now are the JVC HA-FXT90's and some old CX300 II's.

I don't want to be constantly changing the tips from JVC's to the Monster's all the time.

I'd rather just get some that I can leave on there.

Why is it that Monsters tips are so different than all others (or so it seems)?

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #996 of 11,286

Quote:
I prefer to wear them straight down to be honest.
I'll just have to purchase some more tips, I was just wondering which tips worked well with these and which would anyone recommend for someone who usually uses medium stock tips?

The only other sets I have right now are the JVC HA-FXT90's and some old CX300 II's.

I don't want to be constantly changing the tips from JVC's to the Monster's all the time.

I'd rather just get some that I can leave on there.

Why is it that Monsters tips are so different than all others (or so it seems)?

I've successfully installed random tips from cheap buds I had a long time ago on the Turbines. The sound didn't change much. Although using the ear clips and shoving the Turbines in with brute force can work too.

Dec 24, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #997 of 11,286

Quote:

I've successfully installed random tips from cheap buds I had a long time ago on the Turbines. The sound didn't change much. Although using the ear clips and shoving the Turbines in with brute force can work too.

OK cool, will have more of a play around.
Thanks very much for the help.

Also from my very short tests so far, the FXT90's blow these away in terms of bass and just overall sound.... which is a shame as I was ultimately after a bassier pair of earphones.
Oh well...

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #999 of 11,286
I am really surprised at how much more bass and sub bass the FXT90 has compared to the Monster Turbine's?
Aren't these in the list of Basshead IEM's? (The MT's) How'd that happen?

Hopefully if they're in the list, the FXT90's will also get a place in there.

However, my quest for a bass heavy, particularly sub bass heavy, set of IEM's continues.... although I honestly don't think I'll find anything that will sound as good as the FXT90's and still provide the extra bass I need..... the FXT90's are absolutely amazing sounding earphones and music sounds spectacular on them , I just want more low end (sub) bass... is that too much to ask? LOL

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be extremely greatfull

Thanks very much

Dec 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #1,002 of 11,286
I have heard many reputable people say that the digizoid zo2 will do wonders for bass response on any headphone. Perhaps that is what you need, but you'll want someone more qualified to testify first. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,004 of 11,286
I'll be ordering UM Merlins as soon as these damn holidays are over. $800+ basshead customs, can't wait 
etysmile.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #1,005 of 11,286

Quote:
I have heard many reputable people say that the digizoid zo2 will do wonders for bass response on any headphone. Perhaps that is what you need, but you'll want someone more qualified to testify first. 

I have it. If you pair it with non-bassy headphone you'll start to get bass. Pair it with XB1000 like I did and sweet mother of Jesus you can make those cans bounce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back