The Basshead Club
Dec 25, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #1,006 of 11,286
I'm in, what's the initiation consist of?!!

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #1,009 of 11,286
Have xb1k, need moar bass.

Digizoid it is then!

-sent from my smartphone while driving 200mph being drunk on absinthe and I think these chincillas I have dancing on my dashboard is causing me to spell like a "special" person -yes the glue sniffing kind of special. Honk®

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #1,014 of 11,286
"Just a thought came up on the college/university thing:

Yesterday I was watching Skins (the series produced in UK, not the MTV one) and they call it college over there. So, it might not just be americans that call it 'college'."

I'm no expert, but form what I understand they have college and university in the UK. Like they have primary (high school), then college, then university. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: didn't know that was such an old post when I replied xD

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #1,016 of 11,286

Quote:

Yesterday I was watching Skins (the series produced in UK, not the MTV one) and they call it college over there. So, it might not just be americans that call it 'college'."

I'm no expert, but form what I understand they have college and university in the UK. Like they have primary (high school), then college, then university. Could be wrong though.

Skins uses Dubstep for it's soundtrack.

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,017 of 11,286

Quote:
1964 quad > um Merlin for bass? Even with the Merlin having a dynamic driver handling its bass??

No - 1964Q are NOT bassy, judging by reviews. (Not by basshead standards anyways). I'm getting UM Merlins 
wink.gif
. I was looking at the 1964Q but several reviewers note that highs are rolled off and while the bass is there, subbass is somewhat lacking. With the Merlin (at almost twice the price) I've read nothing but the highest praise for its sound and as a former Atrio M5 owner I can't wait to get DD bass again, coupled with BA highs and mids, it should be something pretty special. 

I'm not bashing the 1964Q, they're some of the best bang for your buck in customs but I'd rather spend some more and get it right the first time. Buy the best and only cry once.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #1,018 of 11,286

Quote:

Yeah, and it seems like their college is only two years as well, judging from the skins series. Wow, what a series it is too! Great characters, good acting, good scripting, and all.. A little out of hands at times, and I'm sure they exaggerate a lot of things in that show as well, but it's entertaining as ****.

Quote:
Skins uses Dubstep for it's soundtrack.

...not complaining...

basshead.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #1,019 of 11,286
Yeah, the Merlins are my goal, I can't see why I would get anything else.

Quote:
No - 1964Q are NOT bassy, judging by reviews. (Not by basshead standards anyways). I'm getting UM Merlins 
wink.gif
. I was looking at the 1964Q but several reviewers note that highs are rolled off and while the bass is there, subbass is somewhat lacking. With the Merlin (at almost twice the price) I've read nothing but the highest praise for its sound and as a former Atrio M5 owner I can't wait to get DD bass again, coupled with BA highs and mids, it should be something pretty special. 

I'm not bashing the 1964Q, they're some of the best bang for your buck in customs but I'd rather spend some more and get it right the first time. Buy the best and only cry once.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #1,020 of 11,286

Quote:
Yeah, the Merlins are my goal, I can't see why I would get anything else.

If you love bass, you can't go wrong with the Merlins for customs as I have also taken the same route. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back