The Basshead Club
Dec 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #946 of 11,286
Used to love Linkin Park until I got my Sennheiser HD595...  The mastering on all the albums is garbage.

Quote:

It's just not enough for me at all. Just below the loud volume that I want to rock out. Push the ipod's volume to the top. and those ittsy bitsy little bits of distortion start comming in. Not to mention. My ipod's amp can't run my Vinyl Linkin Park songs. I need to always use my Mac to listen to the vinyl album at a good volume :frowning2:

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #948 of 11,286
No. They have more (audible) treble as it's not as drowned out by mid bass (XB500), and there's less mid bass thump but a ton more sub bass rumble.

Quote:
Would the xb700's really be much of an upgrade from the xb500's? i heard the xb700's just have more treble and less bass, is that true?

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #949 of 11,286

Quote:
Used to love Linkin Park until I got my Sennheiser HD595...  The music on all the albums is garbage.

There, fixed it for ya.

biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #952 of 11,286
So I'm having real difficulty deciding on a set of IEM's.
I have the JVC  FXT90's and really like the sound, they just don't have enough sub bass for me... I will still use them but I want a good pair of bassy earphones.
I actually like the clarity and sound sig of the FXT90's but just want something with much more rumble.

I am torn between the Atrio MG7 and some other sets....

Can anyone recommend anything please?

Is the bass on the Atrio's really worth the money?  Will they be too dark after the FXT90's? Are there better, bassier, clearer and cheaper 'phones to be had?

Can get some Sony EX700's (genuine) for a very good price but have heard these are not very good? (Highs too harsh)

Also what about the Beyerdynamic DTX 101? or Fischer Audio Consonance?

Was looking at the Audio Technica ATH - CKS70?

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #953 of 11,286
XB500 for metal sound right, but Electronic (DubStep is Electronic, lol) is better suited by the XB700, IMO. 

If you want a lot of impact in your EDM just get a Pro 900. Best impact headphone I've heard. 

My list would be...XB500 - Metal, XB700 - Electronic, DubStep, Hip Hop. Only reason being the 700 can feel a bit slow for metal. The best choice for metal would be something like the ProDJ100 (in the general price range. If stepping up the HD 25-1 II).

Quote:
so as i take it, xb500 > metal and electronic whereas xb700 > dubstep and hip hop?

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #954 of 11,286

Quote:
So I'm having real difficulty deciding on a set of IEM's.
I have the JVC  FXT90's and really like the sound, they just don't have enough sub bass for me... I will still use them but I want a good pair of bassy earphones.
I actually like the clarity and sound sig of the FXT90's but just want something with much more rumble.

I am torn between the Atrio MG7 and some other sets....

Can anyone recommend anything please?

Is the bass on the Atrio's really worth the money?  Will they be too dark after the FXT90's? Are there better, bassier, clearer and cheaper 'phones to be had?

Can get some Sony EX700's (genuine) for a very good price but have heard these are not very good? (Highs too harsh)

Also what about the Beyerdynamic DTX 101? or Fischer Audio Consonance?

Was looking at the Audio Technica ATH - CKS70?

Never heard MG7 but it might be one of the best for sub-bass, not sure about highs.  You could stay in the JVC line and get the FX700.  It would add another 1-2 point margin in bass, treble over the fxt90's I assume.  

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #955 of 11,286
From what I've read the TFTA-2100-2V1S and TFTA-2100-3V2B(especially) are supposed to be bass monsters, I've ordered the latter, will confirm once I spend some time with them. Also am interested in Yamaha EPH-100, again, from others' impressions it seems as if they have a nice low end extension, and am considering these vs FXT90.
I currently own the HJE 900, does anyone know how the bass of the FXT90's would compare ?

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #956 of 11,286

Quote:
Never heard MG7 but it might be one of the best for sub-bass, not sure about highs.  You could stay in the JVC line and get the FX700.  It would add another 1-2 point margin in bass, treble over the fxt90's I assume.  

That's my only worry about the MG7's... whether they'll be too dark sounding after coming from the FXT90's?
The FX700's are tricky to get hold of in the UK... prices on ebay are like £250 (or $390) and that is a little too expensive really.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #957 of 11,286

Quote:

That's my only worry about the MG7's... whether they'll be too dark sounding after coming from the FXT90's?
The FX700's are tricky to get hold of in the UK... prices on ebay are like £250 (or $390) and that is a little too expensive really.

I got mine from another Head-Fier at a reasonable cost shipped from Asia to Us.  Keep your eyes peeled and hopefully you will find a pair yourself.  Who knows, I might be getting rid of mine sooner than later also.  

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #958 of 11,286

Quote:
I got mine from another Head-Fier at a reasonable cost shipped from Asia to Us.  Keep your eyes peeled and hopefully you will find a pair yourself.  Who knows, I might be getting rid of mine sooner than later also.  

OK will do, thanks very much.

I don't know why but I just bought a pair of Monster Turbine's at a very good price.
My friend has been after some for ages so if I don't like them, I can shift them and not lose any money.

I really didn't want any "Monster Turbines" but at the price, I couldn't turn it down.
I just hope that my bass needs are met and that I'm not too disappointed.

Oh well.... impulse buys, what can ya do?

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #959 of 11,286
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #960 of 11,286

Quote:
OK will do, thanks very much.

I don't know why but I just bought a pair of Monster Turbine's at a very good price.
My friend has been after some for ages so if I don't like them, I can shift them and not lose any money.

I really didn't want any "Monster Turbines" but at the price, I couldn't turn it down.
I just hope that my bass needs are met and that I'm not too disappointed.

Oh well.... impulse buys, what can ya do?

I've never tried them but I've read some good reviews.  I think the Monster series that include the turbines, coppers, golds and Miles series are suppose to be pretty good.  I hope you like them.  I think this hobby is more than half impulse buys.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back