The B-52 is Amazing!!!
Jan 27, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #61 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvn79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i'm not too fond of the silver...but it may look beautiful in person.

I think its looks pretty darn good...
biggrin.gif

system2.jpg

B52-1.jpg

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #62 of 125
Stunning

Your images are pretty good but I do have a full frame 35mm digital because I do professional work. I tell you what, send the B52 to me and I will go ahead and do some images for you. . . . . :^) . . . .

So how is it performing as a preamp for you? It's nice to see a nice lp setup. I would still have one if I didn't move around so much. Ah vinyl . . .

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #63 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think its looks pretty darn good...
biggrin.gif

system2.jpg

B52-1.jpg

Oh, ****** me, that's an awesome setup! Top notch all around.

How's the VPI treating you? I wasn't a big fan of the Scout, but then again, that's entry level compared to yours.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #64 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the VPI treating you? I wasn't a big fan of the Scout, but then again, that's entry level compared to yours.

I love the Aries 3. I am using it with a Lyra Skala cartridge and the sound is wonderful. The only thing I did not like about it was setting up the azimuth/tracking force. Having just one weight on the back end of the tonearm made it difficult to set up one parameter without screwing up the other. However, once completed, it really is no longer a bother. Therefore a minor quibble.

I also have a Scout in my living room system using a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood. The sound is nice but certainly a number of steps away from its bigger brother. The Scout really needs a good support. The Gingko Audio support for the Scout really made a big difference in the sound quality.

Happy Listening!

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #65 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your images are pretty good but I do have a full frame 35mm digital because I do professional work. I tell you what, send the B52 to me and I will go ahead and do some images for you. . . . . :^) . . . .

I turntable is in the mail!
wink.gif

Quote:

So how is it performing as a preamp for you? It's nice to see a nice lp setup. I would still have one if I didn't move around so much. Ah vinyl . . ..

It has turned out to be an extremely good preamp. The best out of three that I have owned. When flipping from headphone amp to preamp, I do not perceive that any of the strengths to lessen. In other words, all of the accolades that the B52 has received as a headphone amp equally apply to its use as a preamp.

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #67 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I turntable is in the mail!
wink.gif

No, no. . . the B-52. . . . oh never mind, our communication just isn't that good anymore. . . . oh I was thinking of the person I live with . . maybe I don't communicate with anyone very well. . . . More images will do just fine. :^)

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #68 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvn79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics!!!

IMG_09245.jpg

IMG_09235.jpg

Sweet Lawd! That's pretty ...

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #69 of 125
The white B-52 almost looks surreal in a beautiful way.

Jan 28, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #71 of 125
Quote:

No, no. . . the B-52. . . .

My bad. I'll just send both.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #72 of 125
Ok, great but if you insist on sending the LP player please include some 35mm recorded stuff and a needle guard cause sometimes I accidently let it drag on the edge of the platter. Also, I normally use acetone to clean off all the junk that clings to that dangly part but I am low on it. Is white gas ok?

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #73 of 125
For all us Apache owners, go listen to your Apaches for a few minutes and realise that the B52's twice the price. Your Apache will sound better than ever. I love mine. In fact I love my Predator which is what I'm listening to know as I right this note. I hope I am not out of line. There is always bigger, better , faster but I have to admit that the Apache's the best sounding preamp my system has ever had. If the B52 is twice as good maybe one of these years. For now I think all the RSA products I have had the pleasure to listen to or/and own I like them all and am impressed with them all.
I like to look at it as there is even better when I get used to the Apache and search a change. The B52 will be in the line up I'm sure and somehow I get the feeling I'm not going to get bored with my Apache if ever. It just sounds so much better than I expected that I thank the stars that I am able to listen to the system I have. It took me most of my spare time and all of my spare change but I'm still playing. My system 15 years ago was very good but...

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #74 of 125
apache is very different from B52 and there is no denying the grandeur of tubes but the apache is a fine piece of equipment in its own right. no doubt about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back