The B-52 is Amazing!!!
Jan 23, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #31 of 125
I have to say after listening to the b-52 and switching back to the apache it is almost hard to listen to
eek.gif
That is how amazing the b-52 is
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you for verifying my own conclusion. No offense Ray, but your B52 just bombed all over you apache during my own listening session.

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #33 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes. i've never seen one in the for sale forum. kind of odd. you think someone would sell a B52 at some point.

NO way i'm gonna sell this baby!
icon10.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #35 of 125
Quote:

what's the serial number of your B52. it should be on the back of the amp and power supply.

#1016. If your wondering..when i talked to Ray when placing the order for the b-52. I believe Ray said he sold over 100 b-52's all over the world and has never had one returned or ever heard about one being sold
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #36 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvn79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#1016. If your wondering..when i talked to Ray when placing the order for the b-52. I believe Ray said he sold over 100 b-52's all over the world and has never had one returned or ever heard about one being sold
smily_headphones1.gif

i believe it. i've been on this site since the B52 was introduced and have never seen one on the FS market. that serial number though is odd: 1016. what does it mean. he hasn't sold over 1000 of these things. hmm.

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #37 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Quint: your Marantz SA-7S1 pushing the B-52 into Ed9's!! If you just had a pair of L3000 you could tell me how my dream setup would sound..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Man this B-52 is reviewed (including my own listening) so well that no one ever sells them.....

Got to call Ray.... (after selling off some stuff)

Cheers,

You ain’t doin’ too bad yourself, Mikey!
biggrin.gif

Actually, I recently heard the L3000 in my rig, and it definitely rocked hard. I ultimately preferred my UE9s, but I can see why so many people love them. Maybe one day, when the coffers refill, I’ll look into a pair, but for now thems pockets be empty.
mad.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #38 of 125
I also have the B-52 and it is a dream. The bass is indeed incredible; combined with my Linn Akurate, which is also a bass machine, I can get thunderous (but not overpowering as it is tight) bass.

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #39 of 125
Last night my B-52 was sounding especially sweet driving a balanced set of Sony MDR-SA5000's. A very good combination.

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #42 of 125
Quote:

yes. i've never seen one in the for sale forum. kind of odd. you think someone would sell a B52 at some point.

That pretty much says it all don't you think vcoheda? As I just posted to the group over in the Apache thread I have come to the point my next pre amp will be the B-52.

I have been gathering pieces for an all tube setup as a second system in my music room consisting of a BAT VK-60, BAT VK-D5 (got both those pieces off A-gon for less than 3 G's in mint cond.) I'll be driving my Klipsch LaScalla's with this set up amoung a half dozen phones.

I've talked with Ray so much about the B-52 I can't call him back unless it's to tell him my checks on it's way
eek.gif
I'm getting pumped and reading this thread did not curb my enthusiasm at all and my wallet keeps hiding from me
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #43 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by m21asph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beside all B-52 owners.....rest of us are drooling....
tongue.gif

I know I am. That is a stunning amplifier.

Does anyone have a picture of the silver version or a link to one? I'd like to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back