The B-52 is Amazing!!!
Jan 21, 2008 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 125

cvn79

500+ Head-Fier
I've had my B-52 for a week now and have been amazed in the way it sounds! I'm most impressed by how it makes the vocals in the music sound very natural like they are there singing right infront of you! As far as everything else is WOW...the bass is the deepest i've ever heard from an amp. Soundstage is the widest with incredible detail and seperation. The sound is so addictiing i cant seem to put my headphones down! And the workmanship on the amp is beautiful! It trulely looks like its built like a tank..I think this amp could be named after a military tank instead lol.
I own/have owned many amps and havent been this amazed since going from dicman heaphone out to a meta42 headphone amp. WOW im truely amazed
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 125
The B-52 is like a whole new beast.. better than the Apache in every aspect. Although the Apache is a beatiful sounding amp and the best i heard. I didnt have the same amazement with the Apache. I had the the Raptor, HR-2, and GS-X before it and seemed to be just incrementally better. The one thing better is that the Apache has a gain switch that is perfect for sensitive iem phones.

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what was your impression of apache v. gsx using balanced headphones?

I like the apache alot more. They both have different sound signatures. The gsx sounded more on neutral side and the apache more on the warmth. In comparison the gsx sounded a bit bright and thin compared to the Apache. The apache has a very tube like sound, alot like the raptor. The gsx had a bit better seperation in the intruments. I thought the gsx sounded great with balanced hd650's but a little too bright and thin on the rs-1 single ended. I ended up selling it and keeping the hr-2 because i liked the warmed and lush of the rsa house sound.

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvn79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the apache alot more. They both have different sound signatures. The gsx sounded more on neutral side and the apache more on the warmth. In comparison the gsx sounded a bit bright and thin compared to the Apache. The apache has a very tube like sound, alot like the raptor. The gsx had a bit better seperation in the intruments. I thought the gsx sounded great with balanced hd650's but a little too bright and thin on the rs-1 single ended. I ended up selling it and keeping the hr-2 because i liked the warmed and lush of the rsa house sound.

based on what i have read about the GSX, i thought it would be something like that. thanks for the response.

now post a pic of your new setup!

... waiting

Jan 22, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #10 of 125
Congrats on the B-52! It is a WONDERFUL amp/pre-amp!

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the B-52! It is a WONDERFUL amp/pre-amp!

Thanks! I have a small budget speaker system..so i have not bothered to try this as a preamp. I am looking forward to build a stereo system around the b-52 but wallet desperately needs a rest right now
eek.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #13 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyRedHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good I was terrified you ere gonna say silver!

Yeah i'm not too fond of the silver...but it may look beautiful in person. I always thought the b-52 looks nice but it looks alot better in person
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #14 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvn79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking forward to build a stereo system around the b-52...

It is a terrific piece to build your system around. Although it sounds great single-ended, running your system fully balanced is the way to go. So have fun finding your dream amps and sources once the wallet recovers.

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #15 of 125
Wow! That amp is a beast! Very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back