the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Dec 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #166 of 296

Quote:

Quote:
New York City (Manhattan)
Hearing Consultant Services (Recommended by Sensaphonics)
Dr. Vicky Silver
516-528-8563
Poor experience (2007). Had my ear impressions taken in the hallway!
Price: free with a Sensaphonics order.

NY Otolaryngology Group (Recommended by Sensaphonics and UE)
Dr. Julie Glick
212-884-8283
36A East 36th Street
Nice and professional. Got everything done in 15min. Doing a lot of business for Sensaphonics and UE custom IEMs.
Price: $50.

Noise & Hearing Consultants (Recommended by Westone)
Dr. Rose DuLude
212-734-8900
329 East 68th Street
Highly recommended. Have ordered 2 pairs here over 3 years with perfect experience, although she gave me a wrong quotation last time and saved me $100[size=10.5pt](^^[/size][size=10.5pt][/size]
Price: free with a Westone order.

Just an update to my earlier post.  I used Dr. Glick, she still charges $50.  I can't attached a picture of my molds; I will know how well she did when I get my customs. She seems to know a lot about Customs and even knew about this forum.

Yes she asked if I'm a touring artist or a Head-Fi guy... 

Dec 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #167 of 296
Can anyone recommend an audiologist in Greenville, SC?

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #168 of 296

Quote:
I'd like to disrecommend Brookline Hearing Services in Boston.

They would not remove a trivial amount of wax in my ear. Perhaps it's a legal thing since they're not ENTs, but they weren't particularly nice about it. As a medical professional, let me tell you that removing wax takes 0 skill.

I will not be going back to them. Because the lady, Judith, was not all that knowledgeable when I showed her the ultimate ears instructions. She said that they don't use cotton. They have foam. She did not inspire confidence. I was supposed to see Lisa, but she was too busy.

I am extremely disappointed b/c of how many hoops I had to jump through just to get there, only to be let down. Don't go there. Btw, their price was $25/ear.

Where did you go choose to go after?

Hmm I may have to make a weekend NYC trip.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #169 of 296
I just got impressions made, a hearing test, and ordered Westone ES5's through the audiology group at Weill Cornell Medical Center  (http://www.weillcornell.org/jjmontano). Joseph Montano, the chief audiologist is a great guy and the office is very well run with pleasant staff and hi-tech equipment. The ES5's fit perfectly right out of the box and I am soooo thrilled that I do not need a re-fit (I was fearing this a great deal as these were my first customs).

I can't recommend them more highly. Office number is (646) 962-2231.

Feb 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #170 of 296
San Francisco Bay Area/Northern California

I'd like to recommend  Nancy Taitz Shane. She was the audiologist at the recent Bay Area Meet.  She gave a nice brief intro on ear health, then efficiently fitted the Head-fier's who had come to get the free UE fittings.  Very professional and pleasant and great about dealing with a credit card for an extra pair, though she wasn't set up for it.

Address:
One Shrader Street, Suite 510
San Francisco, CA 94117

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #173 of 296
I get my impressions done at Newport Audiology Centers in Fountain Valley.

Dr. Doug Richard does a good job at taking my impressions and he is also does impressions for Westone. 

I used his impressions to get new custom plug for my Shure SE535 from Sensaphonics and they fit like a glove on my ears.  

I've been to other Audiologists and they never get my impressions right because I have Cerebral  Palsy and due to my disability, I can't stay still during the impression process.

Dr. Doug always takes his time  with me and make sure that he gets my impressions just right.  I've been back to him twice because I needed new impressions and he does a good job.

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #174 of 296
Germany / Europe

I'd recommend KIND Hörgeräte for people living in Germany and around.
KIND Hörgeräte is a company which has been founded in 1952 and they've specialized on producing hearing aids. They have a total of 635 stores right now - 580 of which are in Germany.
So far, my experience with them has been nothing but positive. Very professional and helpful people
They usually charge €10-15 per set ($13-20) which I think is a really good price.
I actually got my second pair of impressions for free!! + a hearing test (don't know if audiologists normally charge for it or not)

Check their website to find out the closest store:
http://www.kind.com/de

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #175 of 296
Mar 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #176 of 296
Stockholm / Sweden

I got my impressions taken at Hörseltekniska Laboratoriet in Stockholm. They've been around since 1946 and the very few shops that take customs orders in the Stockholm area have all recommended I go there. Lars Åke Ahlsén, whom I believe is the only resident audiologist, is very personable, and will help you get moulds that tailor to your specific needs - in my case, deep open mouth impressions to allow for singing without breaking the seal. They charge SEK 450 ($70) which is fairly steep.

They also do silicon tips/encasings which seem very cool - it wraps around your universal IEM housing and leads into a tip, and more or less makes it a silicon custom. I might return for one of these in the future, if I ever buy a universal that warrants it.

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #177 of 296
Can anyone suggest a good place in Singapore to get impressions made?

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #180 of 296
^x2. Alot of people have bad experience with audiologists and it seems to make for worse problems, and in the end higher costs, than having your impressions done right the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back