1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by macedonianhero, Oct 4, 2012.
First

Back
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
96 97 98 99
Next

Last
  1. up late
    i also feel conflicted about it, but when i look at those gorgeous echizen lacquered cups, any thought of selling it seems almost distasteful

2. wrecked_porsche

Same here. Couldn't agree more.

I prefer my W11JPN over the W3000, but damn, those yummy glossy woodcups and the overall W3000 look and feel just oozes pure class and elegance. Makes my W11jpn feel like a cheap inferior quality knockoff toy. :wink: :D

Can't bring myself to do it....

3. Failed Engineer
    Yup.  I recognize the technical greatness of the SR-009, but I personally prefer the more physical and gritty HD800 along with 90% of what the SR-009 does well..  I think I just prefer a different sound than the SR-009 because I'd also take a properly driven SR-007 mk1 over it as well.

4. r one
    I would like to tell you one thing.
    Since 3 years my listenings are shared between a TH900 and a W3000. The Fostex is a damn good cans for dynamic and engage sound. On the other way, when I feel tired, i prefer this gorgeous W3000 for their unique smoothness and relax sound.
    If you want these two qualities in one can, i would very highly recommend to you to have a listen with the Kennerton Odin. This headphone is unique and absolutely gorgeous. A kind of synthesis of the two.

5. up late

likewise, although i'd take the utopia over both the hd800/s and sr-009

6. daigo
    I've pretty much used my W3000ANV daily since I bought them when they were released and the leather was starting to degrade and tear at the thin areas along the sides so I bought some replacement ones for when they do fall apart.  Haven't gotten tired of the sound yet, even if I have purchased other headphones since (Enigmas and TH-X00's).  Can't imagine ever letting go of my pair.  

7. Mshenay
    I just have to ask, has any one heard of or know of another Flagship in the works from ATH? Sony just launched a brand new Wood Back Flagship, an I've yet to see anything from ATH aside from the W1000Z, which is by no means a flag ship :/

that said, nice to see the W3000ANV is still getting some daily chatter 

8. up late
    the sony mdr-z1r's ear cups are made from paper

9. tk3

I had the exact same thing with my pads (see my signature thread if you want to see what it looks like), and I babied them. I'm convinced this is a design flaw in those pads.
    Luckily it doesn't affect them functionally, it's just the outer layer that peels off a bit.

10. kushanukum
    I don't think it's a flagship but there is a review on HEADFONICS FOR THE AZ2000Z

11. walfredo

I missed that. :)  Which one is this Sony?

12. up late
    mdr-zr1 - it's a stunning design and delivers sonically by all reports. i'm keen to give it an audition - hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

13. walfredo

But, is it made of wood?

14. up late
    no it isn't, as i said earlier on this page :wink:

15. walfredo
    ah!!  missed that. :)

First

Back
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
96 97 98 99
Next

Last