The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #211 of 1,529
I just received my ATH-W3000ANV 
L3000.gif

Gorgeous....but I find that it is not tight enough on my hear. The headphone seems to be designed for SUPER_BIG heads ! sound is leaking  ! 
triportsad.gif

-->  I don't find any adjustment possible ?   Is it normal ?

--> Is there a way to make the headphone more tight-fit on the head ?

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #212 of 1,529
Bend the metal headband.

Quote:
I just received my ATH-W3000ANV 
L3000.gif

Gorgeous....but I find that it is not tight enough on my hear. The headphone seems to be designed for SUPER_BIG heads ! sound is leaking  ! 
triportsad.gif

-->  I don't find any adjustment possible ?   Is it normal ?

--> Is there a way to make the headphone more tight-fit on the head ?

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #213 of 1,529
I found the clamp to be sort a Vish so I bent the headband carefully to give a more natural clamp for my head.  I also just used floss to hold the two headband pieces together.  Doesn't make a huge difference for me since my head is huge, but does improve long term comfort and seems necessary if your head isn't at least 25% larger than normal lol.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #214 of 1,529
Actually it is that loose feel by design in my opinion. They have a unique way of sitting on your head that just takes some getting used to. I have a slightly smaller than normal head and use them as is.

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #215 of 1,529
The problem with me is that after using them for more than an hour or so without floss they start to droop slightly on my ears which exerts pressure on the top of my ears thanks to the pads and creates discomfort.  Their long term comfort improved was amazing for me, I can only wonder how people with normal heads, or even worse small heads, feel above these without holding the headband together.  Gives me shivers

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #217 of 1,529
Hi guys, do these cans pair better with tubed or solid state amps? I have heard they pair the best with the Yamamoto headamp (can't quite recall the model number). I have a transformer coupled tube amp and the vintage Pioneer SX-1280 so hopefully either one will make it sound good
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #222 of 1,529
It's brilliant for most tracks. However, a few that really need a black background don't work as well with the 980->W3k, and require a different amp. For most music though, I love these two together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back