The Audio Lounge
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #35,822 of 36,075
That thing cost an arm & a leg? It sure is a pretty one :beerchug:

Congrats on your new cables @OldDude04 :wink: I know we talked about the size of the StarDream vs. ISN as well as the Red Ag 4N, that dream still has the ISN 16 by a nice margin:thumbsup:

Small, Medium and Large!.jpg

That one is a honker. When my StarDream cable gets in I'll post up a comparison pic of it, the GreyRhino, and the C16. My GreyRhino has quickly become my favorite cable. I'm checking them daily and I'll grab a couple more when I catch them at the great sale price again. How are you liking the StarDream?

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #35,823 of 36,075
That one is a honker. When my StarDream cable gets in I'll post up a comparison pic of it, the GreyRhino, and the C16. My GreyRhino has quickly become my favorite cable. I'm checking them daily and I'll grab a couple more when I catch them at the great sale price again. How are you liking the StarDream?
Nice, I think the same of the StarDream and even more impressed with the RedAg 4N pure silver, I switched over at lunch and my U2 Classic has never sounded as good and I'm now ready to order more for some other iem's :grin: Its a stone cold bargain for $25 as far as I can hear so far:thumbsup:

Congrats on your new cable @jerick70 :beerchug:

Darth Mauling.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #35,824 of 36,075
I ordered it. I like the Idea of having everything in one cable. It will be nice for work to carry one small case with everything. I won't have to have two or three different cables.

It's a beautiful cable. Let us know how it is when it gets in.

I have a question though, am I misremembering or was it you that had the DUNU Hulk Pro cable? If yes, why not just get an adapter like THIS that goes 2 pin to MMCX to use with the Hulk and save $300ish? I know, I know, it's weird that a known enabler such as myself suggests saving money, lol.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #35,825 of 36,075
It's a beautiful cable. Let us know how it is when it gets in.

I have a question though, am I misremembering or was it you that had the DUNU Hulk Pro cable? If yes, why not just get an adapter like THIS that goes 2 pin to MMCX to use with the Hulk and save $300ish? I know, I know, it's weird that a known enabler such as myself suggests saving money, lol.
Yes, I have the Dunu Hulk. It's because of the IEM end swappable connectors. I'll sell my Hulk once I get the Effect Audio cable and give it a burnin and test. The only issue is the Hulk has lost a lot of value. I've seen the Hulk sell for $49 used. I may keep the Hulk if that's the deal.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #35,826 of 36,075
Yes, I have the Dunu Hulk. It's because of the IEM end swappable connectors. I'll sell my Hulk once I get the Effect Audio cable and give it a burnin and test. The only issue is the Hulk has lost a lot of value. I've seen the Hulk sell for $49 used. I may keep the Hulk if that's the deal.

That was why in my last post I linked to the IEM side adapters you can buy for under $30 (HERE). So that way your Hulk could have the swappable source side and swappable IEM side options. (They also come in right angle versions.) I mean the Xcon system is pretty awesome and the Cadmus x Zeos cable is gorgeous, so I totally get wanting to snag one, lol.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 144941.png

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #35,827 of 36,075
That was why in my last post I linked to the IEM side adapters you can buy for under $30 (HERE). So that way your Hulk could have the swappable source side and swappable IEM side options. (They also come in right angle versions.) I mean the Xcon system is pretty awesome and the Cadmus x Zeos cable is gorgeous, so I totally get wanting to snag one, lol.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 144941.png
I've tried those. I even have a pair of of them sitting here. They make the length of the connection too long and make it uncomfortable to wear for long listening sessions. At least when I loop the cable around my ears. Plus it totally changes the insertion point and makes it difficult to get a good seal. 😐

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #35,828 of 36,075
I've tried those. I even have a pair of of them sitting here. They make the length of the connection too long and make it uncomfortable to wear for long listening sessions. At least when I loop the cable around my ears. Plus it totally changes the insertion point and makes it difficult to get a good seal. 😐

Ah, very good to know. I hadn't ever tried them before. Doing anything to my IEM cable that would cause a poor seal and a loss of bass is a definite hell no in my book, lol.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #35,829 of 36,075
Ah, very good to know. I hadn't ever tried them before. Doing anything to my IEM cable that would cause a poor seal and a loss of bass is a definite hell no in my book, lol.
Yeah, I still use the adapters on my Hulk and other IEM cables. But I want a better solution.

The adapters may work for you, but they do make the length between the IEM and the ear quite a bit longer. The fit is not the best for me. I'm guessing you would see the same thing. You may still get a good seal. Don't know though.

If you want to try them I'll mail mine to you for free. I have both adapters for the different connections.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #35,830 of 36,075
Received the CP13 today. Listening now to some tapes dating to 1989. They still sound pretty solid. Can't remember if I added any EQ to them at the time. You lose a bit of staging and headroom from the cassette. Still very musical though and very engaging. Listening the Simple Minds Sparkle in the Rain. Forces you to listen to the whole album as you did in the car back in the day. Seems my tapes did not degrade from where I stored them all these years. W/F is slight and tolerable. The onboard amp is decent, I'm listening at 50% and it's decently loud. Using my 99 Noirs currently. I'll try some other headphones later and some IEMs to see how the sound changes.
1712692204591.png

1712692228393.png

1712692248061.png

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #35,831 of 36,075
Yeah, I still use the adapters on my Hulk and other IEM cables. But I want a better solution.

The adapters may work for you, but they do make the length between the IEM and the ear quite a bit longer. The fit is not the best for me. I'm guessing you would see the same thing. You may still get a good seal. Don't know though.

If you want to try them I'll mail mine to you for free. I have both adapters for the different connections.

Much appreciated bro, but they'd be wasted on me. I like having individual cables for each IEM so I don't really have a usage case for those adapters. I don't even use the source side adapters for a couple of cables I have that have that option. I know me and I'll lose them at some point, lol.

Received the CP13 today. Listening now to some tapes dating to 1989. They still sound pretty solid. Can't remember if I added any EQ to them at the time. You lose a bit of staging and headroom from the cassette. Still very musical though and very engaging. Listening the Simple Minds Sparkle in the Rain. Forces you to listen to the whole album as you did in the car back in the day. Seems my tapes did not degrade from where I stored them all these years. W/F is slight and tolerable. The onboard amp is decent, I'm listening at 50% and it's decently loud. Using my 99 Noirs currently. I'll try some other headphones later and some IEMs to see how the sound changes.

Super nostalgic vibes. Congrats on the new CP13 homie.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #35,832 of 36,075

Wow, that brings back memories. I had a Sony Walkman tape player back in the day. I used it with a belt clip while I did my paper route. Listened to the new Wham! Make it Big album.

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #35,833 of 36,075
WOW - Beat

I have been having a hard time narrowing down my choices but here goes...

Yello - Bananas to the Beat

Jimbo Mathus and Andrew Bird - Beat Still My Heart

Richard & Linda Thompson - Beat The Retreat

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #35,835 of 36,075
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back