The Audio Lounge
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #35,386 of 36,209
That’s nuts
1708112636481.png
:nerd:

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #35,388 of 36,209
Really weird. I'm not getting any notifications from Head-fi except one thread. Missed everything here.

Do you access the forums using a browser, or using a phone app?
Maybe logout, clear cookies, log back in, an verify that you have notifications turned on.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #35,389 of 36,209
Do you access the forums using a browser, or using a phone app?
Maybe logout, clear cookies, log back in, an verify that you have notifications turned on.
I use all of the above. When I say notifications I mean emails. I removed myself from the thread and readded it. Hopefully that works.

I thought maybe I used to much enablement tomfoolery on this thread so I was banned........ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :ksc75smile:

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #35,390 of 36,209
Have you all seen the new FiiO cassette player? I'm intrigued as I grew up on that format. I looked around and still have a decent amount of retail versions as well as many homemade cassettes. Curious to see if it lives up to the ultimate analog aficionados desires for portable. I'm thinking a good open back headphone to mimic offerings of the time? I'll wait for the refresh in supply to gain one stateside.

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #35,391 of 36,209
Have you all seen the new FiiO cassette player? I'm intrigued as I grew up on that format. I looked around and still have a decent amount of retail versions as well as many homemade cassettes. Curious to see if it lives up to the ultimate analog aficionados desires for portable. I'm thinking a good open back headphone to mimic offerings of the time? I'll wait for the refresh in supply to gain one stateside.
1708198623950.png

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #35,393 of 36,209
Back from rehabilitation. 3 weeks that unfortunately didn't bring much...
I'm now taking opioids for the pain, which I actually wanted to avoid...
Follow-up care for the next 12 months and physiotherapy.
Life goes on.

I hope everyone here is okay so far. I've missed a lot, it looks like.

cheers
Welcome back. Rest up. Get well.

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #35,395 of 36,209
@grs8 Good to see you back Here's to a swift recovery.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #35,396 of 36,209
Only 4 of top 16 country stations played Beyoncé’s country album opening weekend? Wonder why?

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #35,397 of 36,209
Well at least these sold out.

IMG_2375.jpeg

Feb 19, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #35,398 of 36,209
Back from rehabilitation. 3 weeks that unfortunately didn't bring much...
I'm now taking opioids for the pain, which I actually wanted to avoid...
Follow-up care for the next 12 months and physiotherapy.
Life goes on.

I hope everyone here is okay so far. I've missed a lot, it looks like.

cheers
Sorry to hear that Man!

Why, what happened to you, if you care to share with us?

I had a cataract Op before Christmas. I was very reluctant to get it done as things can go wrong, infection being one of them. It went well but much to my surprise, I could not see properly for more than 2 days, as my pupil had stayed dilated due to the drugs they had put into my eye. I could see everything during the Op, including them sucking out my old lens, which was a weird experience, to say the least. I also had 2 micro stents paced in my eye to help reduce eye pressure, which I also take eye drops before getting into bed at night. We all should get our eyes checked every 2 years and get an OCT scan of the eyes, as well as eye pressure. When things go wrong with your eye, it is often too late to make it better, it is more likely damage limitation at that stage.

I also have one broken ear and now, I will have to consider having a inguinal hernia operated on. The hernia only acts up when I eat junk food, which I rarely do, as my wife and I eat very healthy food which we prepare ourselves. The standard repair is done using a mesh, which can get infected and cause other issues including pain. I will try and hold out and investigate surgeons who use traditional techniques using sutures which is a skill that newer surgeons have less skill and experience in, from what I have read. I simply refuse to have plastic mesh sown into my body. I will only get it done if they use dissolvable sutures.

I am not over weight and have good abdominal muscles, so it is just one of those thing that can happen.

I wonder if anyone has had a hernia op here?

Listening to this with my new Sundara headphone, that was made in Oct 2023. To my one ear, they seem to be better with more punch in the lows than the early eddition I had back in 2018. They have the best vocals that I have heard on the Hifiman's that I have had, including the Ananda Stealth, Arya Stealth, HE6se V2 and Edition XS. To me they have a clean, balanced monitor sound, which I like. They seem to sound a bit thin until they are run in for a few days. A contentious subject I know. They benefit from a good amp. The Toppng L50 drives them nicely.

I have been very tempted to buy the HE1000 Stealth but I have heard too many conflicting opinions about them having scooped out mids, piercing highs as well as comfort issues, where they can dig into your jaw for people with bigger heads. It is a lot of money to spend on just one ear! :darthsmile:

Ride - twenty one pilots - (Sammi Sanchez Cover)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #35,399 of 36,209
i remember he 6 was a bass canon, he 1000was hd800s like, not as snappy. susvara harmonious warmth. one ear bummer. scooped out mids is a tricky thang. those mids make a tune and set up the imagery, the V robs it imo. but everyone needs a canon so. don't worry about impressions except i look to categories of hp, of course preference rules, but 1 V, 2 balanced, and 3 warm. wouldn't want 2 hp operating same category. get the best in class, enjoy. ymmv

Feb 19, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #35,400 of 36,209
I forgot to mention that I also had the HiFiMAN HE6se, which had decent bass but nothing that special to my ear. Something about the treble that caused ringing in my ear, which is not good when I am already flying on one engine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back