IMG_2273.jpeg

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #35,104 of 36,077

Bonus: A High School fave :wink:

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #35,106 of 36,077
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #35,109 of 36,077
wow: Space

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #35,110 of 36,077

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #35,111 of 36,077
Still a lot of good WOW's, this will show why I have all my vinyl on spreadsheets! This is just one of three identical walls :rolling_eyes: As well as racks in the Mancave by my rig! Wife thinks I'm Cray Cray and gave up on trying to curb my obsession ages ago:v: I've modified my spreadsheet so if I move my collection around (hence the milk crate) I can just change which rack and location within the rack something is for quick find:wink:

North Wall Rack.png

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #35,112 of 36,077
Still a lot of good WOW's, this will show why I have all my vinyl on spreadsheets! This is just one of three identical walls :rolling_eyes: As well as racks in the Mancave by my rig! Wife thinks I'm Cray Cray and gave up on trying to curb my obsession ages ago:v: I've modified my spreadsheet so if I move my collection around (hence the milk crate) I can just change which rack and location within the rack something is for quick find:wink:

You are my kind of man.

A serious music collector!

It was a bit of a slog, but now that my digital collection is in good order, I am enjoying it so much more.

I don’t use Roon for sound quality reasons and tagged individually. Quite a bit of thinking went into the genre structure. This is how I often find albums, which fit the moment.

I use JRiver Media Center for library management with a handful of scripts I wrote for it, which is far from a user–oriented solution, but the best I could find for Mac.

Used to have a vinyl collection of about 1,500 albums and let it go to make space. Was a somewhat sad moment, but now that I have figured out digital music collecting and reproduction, life with music is good again.

I miss the days of visiting record stores and algorithms suck at pointing to really good music. Found a number of magazines and fora to hunt for new music and it is gratifying to curate the collection. There will never be an album in it, just because someone said it is collectible. The music got to be valued by trusted people and speak to me.

This way it becomes a meaningful collection. I know why the album is there.

Unlike bloated favorite lists on streaming services, where the ‘collection’ becomes meaningless and renders it an on demand form of radio. That’s fine, when music is just entertainment. But for me music has a deeper purpose than that.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #35,113 of 36,077
You are my kind of man.

A serious music collector!

It was a bit of a slog, but now that my digital collection is in good order, I am enjoying it so much more.

I don’t use Roon for sound quality reasons and tagged individually. Quite a b :rolling_eyes:

I use JRiver Media Center for library management with a handful of scripts I wrote for it, which is far from a user–oriented solution, but the best I could find for Mac.

Used to have a vinyl collection of about 1,500 albums and let it go to make space. Was a somewhat sad moment, but now that I have figured out digital music collecting and reproduction, life with music is good again.

I miss the days of visiting record stores and algorithms suck at pointing to really good music. Found a number of magazines and fora to hunt for new music and it is gratifying to curate the collection. There will never be an album in it, just because someone said it is collectible. The music got to be valued by trusted people and speak to me.

This way it becomes a meaningful collection. I know why the album is there.

Unlike bloated favorite lists on streaming services, where the ‘collection’ becomes meaningless and renders it an on demand form of radio. That’s fine, when music is just entertainment. But for me music has a deeper purpose than that.
I hear ya, with the advent of streaming hi-rez digital I've basically stopped buying CD's and relegated my collection to a rack in the far bedroom but as you can see from my slight case of OCD I still have a few:rolling_eyes:

Digital.JPG

I'm headed out but let me leave everyone with this one:v: Oops, had the wrong song :confounded:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #35,115 of 36,077
Errr, yup ya do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back