The Audio Lounge
Apr 19, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #29,762 of 36,214
Before I try to get my Word of the Week selection in before the word changes (late again... kind of) I want to thank all of you who remembered Tom on the anniversary of his death. It means a lot. I struggle daily but this month has been especially difficult because now all the memories are going to be more than two years old. I can't explain exactly but it makes me feel all of a sudden like he has moved even farther away I still need for him to be here... with me.... every ...single... day. Somehow it brought him a bit closer again to know that others still remember.... and care.

Ok... the WOW selection (Hard)

I hope some of you know the music of Dave Carter and Tracy Grammar. If not their albums are all worth listening to. I have all three CDs but I did not realize that eventually Tracy was able to record the songs that Dave had written before his sudden death. He came home from a run and dropped dead. I know how she must have felt. I am still traumatized by what happened to us.

Tracy Grammar - Hard to Make It
"from her "Flower of Avalon" 2005. Signature Sounds Recordings This is the first full-length album by Tracy Grammer since the sudden passing of her "partner in all things" Dave Carter. The tracks, with one exception are Dave's unrecorded songs. If you have not heard the music of Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer you have a lot of catching up to do. Their three albums are celebrations of Carter's deeply rooted songwriting and joyful musical collaboration with Grammer. Their personal relationship did not show up in the song lyrics, but in the unmistakable wholeness of their sound. Although Carter's creative fire burned impossibly bright, Grammer always seemed an equal partner in the duo."
If you go to the YouTube page you will this reviewer wrote a lot more.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #29,763 of 36,214
Before I try to get my Word of the Week selection in before the word changes (late again... kind of) I want to thank all of you who remembered Tom on the anniversary of his death. It means a lot. I struggle daily but this month has been especially difficult because now all the memories are going to be more than two years old. I can't explain exactly but it makes me feel all of a sudden like he has moved even farther away I still need for him to be here... with me.... every ...single... day. Somehow it brought him a bit closer again to know that others still remember.... and care.

Ok... the WOW selection (Hard)

I hope some of you know the music of Dave Carter and Tracy Grammar. If not their albums are all worth listening to. I have all three CDs but I did not realize that eventually Tracy was able to record the songs that Dave had written before his sudden death. He came home from a run and dropped dead. I know how she must have felt. I am still traumatized by what happened to us.

Tracy Grammar - Hard to Make It
"from her "Flower of Avalon" 2005. Signature Sounds Recordings This is the first full-length album by Tracy Grammer since the sudden passing of her "partner in all things" Dave Carter. The tracks, with one exception are Dave's unrecorded songs. If you have not heard the music of Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer you have a lot of catching up to do. Their three albums are celebrations of Carter's deeply rooted songwriting and joyful musical collaboration with Grammer. Their personal relationship did not show up in the song lyrics, but in the unmistakable wholeness of their sound. Although Carter's creative fire burned impossibly bright, Grammer always seemed an equal partner in the duo."
If you go to the YouTube page you will this reviewer wrote a lot more.

You know we all loved Tom and we all love you.

Apr 19, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #29,764 of 36,214
Got this email

Your wait is over! The HiBy R5 gen 2, the first new digital audio player of HiBy in 2022, is available to pre-order at $399 now, allowing you to enjoy music like never before.
The HiBy R5 gen 2 is the only Android DAP of its price class boasting class A headphone amplifier circuits, and thanks to Discrete output stage, dual ES9219C DACs, dual crystal oscillators, the R5 gen 2 takes your music experience to the next level.
The R5 gen 2 sports the Android 8.1 system, but with HiBy OS customizations including two-way Bluetooth, systemwide advanced tonality control (MSEB), HiByLink remote control and DTA systemwide bitperfect audio. It comes with a larger 4.7” 720p display, covering more of the front bezel.
When it comes to outputs, the R5 gen 2 offers a 2.5mm and 4.4mm balanced output, plus a two-in-one line-out / headphone output on its 3.5mm jack, covering all your balanced or single-ended needs.
RRP: $449 | EARLY BIRD 11% OFF

Apr 19, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #29,765 of 36,214
Are there any Android gurus on this thread?

I'm trying to figure out why the Back and Recents buttons switched places on my new HiBy RS6, and switch them back.
The version of Android 9 that's on the RS6 does not have any Navigation Bar settings for the buttons - except the ability to turn Off the whole Navigation Bar, and use gestures instead.
I didn't change any setting that was specific to the Navigation Bar buttons - but they're now reversed from what they were (and what all my other Android devices are).

Any suggestions for how to switch them back to the way they should be? Thanks!
You can do this through the adb shell....

Apr 19, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #29,766 of 36,214
You can do this through the adb shell....

Thanks!
That was simple.
I wonder if there's an adb command to change the Status Bar Clock config file, so that it displays Hours:Minutes:Seconds?

Apr 19, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #29,767 of 36,214
Thanks!
That was simple.
I wonder if there's an adb command to change the Status Bar Clock config file, so that it displays Hours:Minutes:Seconds?
Unless Hiby disabled the System UI Tuner, this should work.....

1. Start System UI Tuner
    adb root
    adb shell pm enable com.android.systemui/.tuner.TunerActivity
    adb shell am start -n com.android.systemui/.tuner.TunerActivity
  2. Select Status bar
  3. Select Time (penultimate item)
  4. Select Show hours, minutes and seconds

Apr 19, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #29,768 of 36,214
Unless Hiby disabled the System UI Tuner, this should work.....

1. Start System UI Tuner
    adb root
    adb shell pm enable com.android.systemui/.tuner.TunerActivity
    adb shell am start -n com.android.systemui/.tuner.TunerActivity
  2. Select Status bar
  3. Select Time (penultimate item)
  4. Select Show hours, minutes and seconds

For Step 1, I've been unable to get System UI Tuner to appear in the settings menu.
When I type adb root, I get the reply "adbd cannot run as root in production builds".
And typing adb shell pm enable com.android.systemui/.tuner.TunerActivity, I get the reply "Security exception: Shell cannot change component state for com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.tuner.TunerActivity to 1"

Apr 19, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #29,769 of 36,214
For Step 1, I've been unable to get System UI Tuner to appear in the settings menu.
When I type adb root, I get the reply "adbd cannot run as root in production builds".
And typing adb shell pm enable com.android.systemui/.tuner.TunerActivity, I get the reply "Security exception: Shell cannot change component state for com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.tuner.TunerActivity to 1"
Do you have your USB set to debug mode in Developer Tools? You may need to root your RS6 to do the change. Let me look.

Apr 19, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #29,770 of 36,214
Apr 19, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #29,771 of 36,214
Do you have your USB set to debug mode in Developer Tools? You may need to root your RS6 to do the change. Let me look.

Yes, when switching USB Debug mode to On, the RS6 restarts, and then indicates on the Notification pull-down that Debugging is on.
I'd like to root the RS5, but haven't done any research on what it would take (like finding out if there's a TWRP Recovery available).

Apr 19, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #29,772 of 36,214
Yes, when switching USB Debug mode to On, the RS6 restarts, and then indicates on the Notification pull-down that Debugging is on.
I'd like to root the RS5, but haven't done any research on what it would take (like finding out if there's a TWRP Recovery available).
Here is a discussion board for rooting the RS6. https://npaudio.boards.net/thread/243/hiby-rs6

Apr 19, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #29,773 of 36,214
I found a few apps that make System UI Tuner work.

1) This one looks promising and has a lot of options. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en_US&gl=US

2) This one is super easy to use and I tested it and it works on the RS6 - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bryancandi.android.uituner&hl=en_US&gl=US

Thanks! That second app worked for me, as well.
Just wish it had the option of placing the clock in the center of the Status Bar... :ksc75smile:

Apr 20, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #29,775 of 36,214

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back