The Audio Lounge
Jan 17, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #25,996 of 36,108
I've learned my lesson with Grado. Never the twain shall meet. Moving on...

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #25,997 of 36,108
My urologist’s office called the other day and explained that my scheduled appointment would now be done over the phone due to the coronavirus.
One hour before the scheduled teleconference, I was instructed (via email) to administer my own urine test.
This was to avoid the usual lab tests and long appointment waits.

Directions:

Simply go outside and pee on the front lawn.

If ants gather: DIABETES.

If you pee on your feet: PROSTATE.

If it smells like a barbecue: CHOLESTEROL.

If your wrist hurts when you shake it: OSTEOARTHRITIS.

If you return to your house with your penis outside your pants: ALZHEIMER'S.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #25,998 of 36,108
Hey I have a question for anyone... What type wireless earphones do you guys use? I picked up a pair of Senn Momentum TW2s and like them. But I was wondering if there was something better.

i have the Sony wf-1000xm3, Samsung buds live and Tronsmart bold. I like the sound of the Sony’s. The app allows custom EQ settings but for me the fit is horrible. Definitely not a pair for active use. The Tronsmart bold sound good as well, I would say warm with nice bass that has very little bleed into the mids but the latest firmware update make connection a total PITA. App is alright not great but only has EQ profiles. You can’t do a custom EQ. Fit on these is nice but the case has some charging issues with the ear pieces. The Samsung buds live, some refer to them as beans, are the most comfortable for me. I could wear these all day long with no issues. I use these for walking the pup and for work. As these don’t use tips isolation is not completely there but is still good. I like these for outside use and work because its ambient mode is passive and I can hear things around me. I use these for work every day, no issues as connection is spot on and others hear me just fine. I have had not one complaint from peeps on video calls. Sound wise they sound good as well surprisingly good bass with clean mids and not hot treble. As with Samsung, good app but does not allow custom EQ.

Sound preference: Sony, Tronsmart, Samsung
Fit preference: Samsung, Tronsmart, Sony
Battery: Samsung, Sony, Tronsmart (due to case charging issue that I have)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #25,999 of 36,108
I hate those e-mails where they try to sell you penis enhancers.
I got ten just the other day. Eight of them from my girlfriend.
It’s the two from my Mother that really hurt.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #26,000 of 36,108
During the 11.11 AliExpress Sale, I ordered a 2300mAh Li-Ion replacement battery for my Onkyo DP-X1.
While I was off work between Christmas and New Year's, I installed it in my DP-X1.
Even though it is higher capacity than the stock battery, It fits perfectly, and has the same wiring & connector.
I had to repair the OS installation, since the battery had died during an update.
Going forward, I decided I wanted to replace supersu with magisk, for rooting the DAP.
Found the needed files & directions, and was able to get the latest versions of TWRP and Magisk installed and working.
Just wish there was an update from Android 5.1.1 to Android 8 or 9.
I'd forgotten how good this Onkyo DP-X1 DAP sounds. Really glad I repaired it.
Currently enjoying some Rodrigo Y Gabriela CD flac files, with my Wong Kuan Wae "Blur hALF/hALF" (2.5TRRS, 150-Ω) Earbuds.
EDIT: When I got home from work, the DP-X1 connected to my Wi-Fi, and there were some updates from the Google Play Store. Now the DP-X1 hangs at the "Android" screen, instead of booting all the way up. I can get to TWRP, and clear the Dalvik and cache, but it still won't boot. May have to reinstall the ROM/OS again.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #26,002 of 36,108
Never appreciated what a great song this is, as I get older I hear things differently

Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack

Groucho, I don't know whether to laugh or cry :scream::sweat_smile:

Both responses are appropriate

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #26,003 of 36,108
Today is a good day! :)

tenor.gif

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #26,005 of 36,108
Jan 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #26,007 of 36,108
1611156060656.png

Jan 20, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #26,008 of 36,108
1611156097163.png

Users who are viewing this thread