The Audio Lounge
May 13, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #24,471 of 36,104
Is that a KOJO or ASP?
ASP TUR-06...

2020-04-28 19.22.31.jpg

May 13, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #24,475 of 36,104
NICE!

That is a pretty rare beast. Never heard one but from what little info there is out there heard they are really beautiful sounding. I bet it gives you that warm tubey goodness. :beerchug:
It is a beast of an amp. It is tuby but still a little transparent. I really like it. Plus the tubes are $20 - $30 a pair, so very affordable.

May 14, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #24,476 of 36,104
WOW Wine

My contribution. I saw him perform twice... once in a very small venue. He got so into the music that at one point he burst into tears. I think that song was "Lover you Should have Come Over."

Here is Lilac Wine sung by Jeff Buckley

I have no idea what Tom would have chosen... probably something that none of us has ever heard of.

May 14, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #24,477 of 36,104
....and just because...

the lyrics have suddenly become even more powerful to me than they already were. We both loved Greg's music. Never did see him perform although he did play the Ann Arbor Ark many times.

May 14, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #24,478 of 36,104
So Tuesday was rather upsetting. DHL unexpectedly turned up at my door with a biggish box. Addressed to Tom. At first I thought it might be those Ora things that he had been waiting for for almost three years. He kept saying in the Ora thread that he really wanted his to arrive... many others had already received theirs. Yay kickstarter . Well now he never will hear them and I will end up with that delivery ...someday... maybe.

This is something else... was completely unaware of their existence or that they had been ordered. How am I supposed to feel about this.

R0016567.JPG

They came with five (!) spare sets of pads.

R0016564.JPG

May 14, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #24,479 of 36,104
My little WOW contribution:

First up, Fountains of Wayne with "Mexican Wine"

RIP Adam Schlesinger. Which reminds me, I was going to post a few of their songs to showcase their range and talent after his sad passing.
Will re-start maybe tomorrow.. give the WOW posts time to dominate :)

Next up, Gregory Alan Isakov doing his acoustic thang with 'Dandelion Wine':

Continuing on an acoustic vibe, what better way to round off than with Shawn Mullins, here with "Homemade Wine" :)

NB: that's the official video; I'll post a regular fan-posted version below, just in case of blasted copyright issues preventing anyone watching it:

Hope you all enjoy :)

May 14, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #24,480 of 36,104
So Tuesday was rather upsetting. DHL unexpectedly turned up at my door with a biggish box. Addressed to Tom. At first I thought it might be those Ora things that he had been waiting for for almost three years. He kept saying in the Ora thread that he really wanted his to arrive... many others had already received theirs. Yay kickstarter . Well now he never will hear them and I will end up with that delivery ...someday... maybe.

This is something else... was completely unaware of their existence or that they had been ordered. How am I supposed to feel about this.

They came with five (!) spare sets of pads.

I may be kind of strange but I'd save them just like you have them displayed there in honor of Tom and something he so wanted to hear and waited for. I lost my younger brother in 1997 and I have a shrine to him in my Man Cave to include he himself (ashes) which my intentions are to have him beside me in my mausoleum. Guess what I'm saying is I just have many things he and we both held close in there and he really wanted those to come in so I would just hold onto them as something he had been wanting. Obviously I'm a little whacky to say the least :rolling_eyes: Clearly evidenced by my selection for WOW :smirk: but does seem apropos for the loungers:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back